Sunday, June 10, 2007

Haunted Area (18SG)

I first witnessed a horrific accident when I was 8 years old. I was on my way to school then. It was traumatic that until today I still get shivers running down my spine whenever I pass by the area, which was coincidently near a cemetery. It wasn't the sight of blood that shook me but rather the cries and wails of those injured. I was too young to remember the number of fatalities but I recalled them crying in agony for their moms. It was heart-wrenching to say the least:(

Several years ago ( maybe 15 years or less), another tragic accident happened at the very same spot. This time it was someone I knew who recently got engaged, and he died together with his mom and his close friend. Another accident happened during a flood. Because it happened at night, the driver who was ferrying home some stranded students unknowingly drove into a ditch nearby. If my memory serves me well, 3 persons from the same family drowned; a mother and her 2 daughters. The husband who was my ex-colleague lost his mind not long after that.

Some even claimed to have seen ghosts! Whether they're true or merely pranks, you can be sure that I'd NEVER pass by that area ALONE especially at night. I've made it a habit to drive extra super duper careful at that particular stretch of road. These are just some of the spooky happenings at the accident-prone area nearby the cemetery. Maybe I should call T.A.P.S. aka Ghost Hunters... Finally, please drive carefully... think of your loved ones!

17 comments:

  1. Seeing that accident must have made quite an impression on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is this? Which road?? I'm such a (fan? freak?) of ghost stories like this..

    When I was little, we used to live in a house that became haunted after the owner (we were renting it) passed away. So when it comes to ghost stories, I'm on! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Capt. Picard - Oh most definitely! I still couldn't get the images out of my mind:(

    Cindy - It's the road called Jalan Papar-Penampang Lama, near Kg. Nambazan. There's a huge raintree at that haunted spot. The cemetery which is located on a hill is about 50 meters away from the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello nessa,i've heard stories bout that place too..erk..scary..anyway hello to you too neesa..:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh.. Nambazan sana! I've heard quite a story about that place. Eek! Penampang cemetery jgn main-main oh. Mostly old ones, very scary lagi tu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I honestly, positively, most definitely believe in ghosts. I've personally experienced ghosts in my life time and I'm a bloody coward. all I know is they exist! Remind me to tell you some of my experience one of these days Nessa. I'm sure you won't be able to sleep at nite ... hehehe ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ghosts? brrrrr .... I ain't gonna tell you any of my stories, nanti I tak boleh tido tonite ... LOL. I positively believe in ghosts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still remember this incident sis.. and boy was I scared! I think there was one time that I felt like wanted to share the same bed with you!
    Did you notice that almost every night you can hear the sound of a dog barking.. the strange bark (yang nokokito logon!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Adorablecat, thanks for dropping by:)

    Nick - Ermm, thanks but keep the story to yourself. I'm a coward as well:(

    Ann - Yeah, hate it when those dogs bark weirdly... sounds haunting. The worst is when your 'bulu roma berdiri tegak!!' That's when the spirit is reali there. Yikes:(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ya ya, I know how it sounds like when the dog nokokito logon. The bunyi very scary wan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds quite scary. i believe in ghost.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nicholas. Nice of you to drop by. Come again soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, like Cindy me also a ghost stories freak...I'm not sure of that road, don't live in Penampang so not familiar with that area but sounds like that area is very keras oh...by the way, whats nokokito logon?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jewelle. Thanks for dropping by & leaving a comment:) I've been to your site before, it's an interesting read. Yeah, that place is 'keras'... I'd get goosebumps whenever I pass by that area. What Cindy wrote was 'The dog saw ghosts'.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi everyone,
    I m from Nambazan and as far as I know 'de' stretch that was mentioned here is not that scary at all. Yes a few accidents happened but that doesn't mean its haunted.Its mere carelessness.
    My house is actually facing the Papar-Penampang Road . Every morning we open our kitchen window and our sight is the cemetry.
    Maybe I m so used to the sight that i m not at all have any bad sights except for the accidents.
    My aunt was hit by a car on the same spot near the tree. Nowadays , we do not see accidents there anymore.
    Accidents happened those days because the road was new and straight . Tendencies to drive extra fast. The two newly engaged guys with 3 others died on a different spot . Yes there was a tree too but not the same spot. I knew two of the victims.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anon!

    Thanks for dropping by and your comments. I'm glad to know that the area is longer haunted... Amen to that:)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv