Sunday, July 1, 2007

What Employment Ads Really Mean

It's a new month and you're probably aching to leave your dreary job. So if you're hunting for a new job, make sure you read the job requirements carefully and ask yourself if it's really what you want!;)

This is a compilation of job ads and their hidden (fun) meanings:-
  • "Competitive Salary" - We remain competitive by paying less than our competitors.
  • "Join Our Fast Paced Company" - We have NO time to train you.
  • "Casual Work Atmosphere" - We don't pay enough to expect that you will dress up.
  • "Must be Deadline Oriented" - You will be six months behind schedule on your first day.
  • "Some Overtime Required" - Some time each night, some time each weekend.
  • "Duties will Vary" - Anyone in the office can boss you around.
  • "Must have an eye for Detail" - We have no quality control.
  • "Seeking Candidates with a Wide Variety of Experience" - You will need to replace three people who just left.
  • "Problem Solving Skills a Must" - You are walking into a company in perpetual chaos. Haven't heard a word from anyone out there. Your first task is to find out what is going on.
  • "Requires Team Leadership Skills" - You will have the responsibilities of a manager without the pay or respect.
  • "Good Communication Skills" - Management communicates poorly, so you have to figure out what they want and do it.

9 comments:

  1. LOL!!! Must save a copy of this so the next time my friends or relative go for a job interview, I'll send them one. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! There were a few that could have described the last place I worked for, "Duties will vary" was my job description completely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy - Haha... do you think it'll help??:)

    Jidon Iskandar - Hey thanks... life is too short to be too serious ya:)

    Rebecca - "Casual Work Atmosphere" aptly describes my previous job. The pay was chicken feed, I practically wore T-Shirts & jeans everyday, no joke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha ... I like the second last one. "Requires Team Leadership Skills" fits me perfectly where I'm working now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nessa,
    The last 4 verse dictates my ex-company exactly ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nick - You must have thought of resigning a million times... hehe

    J@n!ce - All 4? The company must have a high staff turnover then!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sent a copy of this to the woman who writes the help wanted ads for the place where I work!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv