Friday, February 27, 2009

Reality Nites

I just finished watching American Idol 8 Results Show and OIAM3 2nd concert. Phew! Am I glad Nick Mitchell aka Norman Gentle did NOT get through! Thanks to Simon's prayer :)

I don't get the fuss or excitement over Nick/Norman is. They said he was entertaining... I was cringing with fear watching his performance. Totally in the wrong show but it wasn't his fault cos the judges selected him... the judges must have lost a few screws in their head. Selecting Nick over Jamar.... I can never understand that.

I'm pretty happy with the results tonight with Adam and Allison being in Top 12... a bit surprised with Kris Allen though. I thought Matt Giraud would take his spot but I'm sure the judges would pick him for the wild card slot. *fingers' crossed* I'm looking forward to watching next week's 3rd group of 12 perform. I have my eyes on Jorge Nunez, Scott McIntyre, Felicia Barton and Kristen McNamara. I hope they sleep, eat and drink with this mantra in mind : 'Pick-the-right-song!!'.

Now to OIAM3. Amylea rightly deserved the immunity award, though I still question its relevance to the show. I love the song, and Amylea sang with style and ease. Macam sia dibuai-buai seja when I was listening to her. Tomok didn't do too bad either, I think he was decent. I'm pretty sure he will be saved from elimination. And Fify did well too (my son calls her Ikan Emas... must be those big huge eyes! LOL!). Those were the only 3 that captured my attention.

The worst was Rehana. She shouldn't have sang Getaran Jiwa... boring gila. Nobody can sing the song except the late Tan Sri P. Ramlee. If she did what Jaclyn Victor did with Tunggu Sekejap then it would be a different story altogether. I wonder why the finalists chose sad songs just because the theme for the night was Memori Tercipta... I like how Syafinaz mentioned make your own memory when most of the finalists chose sad and soppy songs.

Oh, Aweera... menyanyi ke menyalak tu? Rightly said by Syafinaz :D Esther please la sing a catchy song next week and I think she needs a different hairstyle. The current cut just doesn't suit her face.

16 comments:

  1. during the show, i was at the police station.. temaning my dad make a police report. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. haa, xpe, i'll try check at the 8tv website. hope they have upload the show.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I prayed for seven hours right along with Simon too that Nick Gentle not get through.....LOL!

    Well, the two of them, Adam and Allison were deserving of a spot int he top 12, but I'm not too happy with Kris too....... I thought he was just so-so.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought a TV two months back, hardly watch any shows.
    I choose blogging and I wonder how to find time to balance.
    Sometimes, I watch TV at my students' house.
    I did follow American Idol last time for a while but the one I really follow was the Jaclyn Victor one. I also managed till the final:)
    Yeah, watching TV is a good way to relax:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diya ~ Takpe Diya. Ada ulangan kat 8TV or issit TV3 on Sunday. But I forgot the time la.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mat Dingo ~ Whoaa... well, thanks to you too! :) If not, tersiksa la having to watch Norman Gentle perform every week.

    Yeah, Kris looks kinda timid to me, like a little scared boy. But we'll have to give him a chance... who knows, he might prove us wrong ya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diya ~ Apa da jadi Diya? I hope it's nothing serious. Tolong kasi story skit... if you don't mind la.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yoon See ~ Oh, I love Jaclyn Victor! She's one of a kind ya. Amazing voice :) But I didn't watch Malaysian Idol regularly at that time. I did watch the final though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diya ~ Oh ya tak ya jugak. I forgot about the online show on their website :) But the website is not updated regularly la.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aweera melalak bkn menyanyi! Gheezzz...

    Esther pulak, tukar hair style sama make up spy mata dia nmpk besar. Hahaha...

    Pija, salah pilih lagu!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was so upset with Kai oh. Kenapalah dia pilih lagi begitu. Ish ish ish! Sedih... plus, I must admit. Rambut dia ada sikit annoy sia juga malam tu. Hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just ~ Sayang bakat dia tu kan. Muka sweet... he shouldn't scream like that. Just nyanyi normally kan.

    Iya ba, sepa la kasi style si Esther tu. Kesian dia... macam aunty-aunty seja.

    Pija was so pitchy... seram sia dengar masa dia nyanyi lagu Kelly Clarkson!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rozella ~ Serabai betul ba rambut dia malam tu... kalau dia bagi clean image and picked the right song, I'm sure dia boleh masuk top 12. Too bad ya.

    ReplyDelete
  14. nessa, diya da tgk! luckily i miss the show - it's so disappointed lor!

    my dad's car was hit from behind while odw to pick me up. Orang yang langgar xmau bayar ganti rugi, so, report balai.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. Diya ~ Takpe, the show pun baru je, only one person eliminated :)

    Cisss! I benci la manusia yang tak bertanggungjawab... da langgar, tak nak bayar lagi. Hopefully the police bagi saman kat dia teruk2.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv