Saturday, October 20, 2007

Drive Baby Drive!

I have this phobia of driving after witnessing a tragic accident a long time ago. It was so traumatic that made me feel so stressful when driving especially when I'm nearing the accident site or seeing big vehicles like trucks, buses and trailers. My hands would tremble and I'd sweat profusely, making it too uncomfortable to drive. Until now I still avoid driving behind these huge 'monsters' and roads that are way too steep. I'd breathe a huge sigh of relief the moment I get past these huge 'monsters'... hehehe ...

Fortunately, I've never been involved in any major accidents. Well maybe just a few scrapes here and there for hitting a rambutan tree while reversing, hitting the gate while taking a corner too late. One incident that I cannot forget was the day after I got my driving license. I decided to be a hero and drive to work, you know, all excited from having my driving license and all that, wanting to show off to my colleagues that I've just joined the driving elite... hehehe ... Well, I made it to work without any incidents but on the way home, I tasted my first driving nightmare!

After work, confidently getting into the car, I started the car and waved at my colleagues (who were taking the bus... hehehe) and then headed for home. On the way home, I had to stop at this traffic lights and the worst thing that could happen to a newbie actually did happen. The car's engine died right in front of the traffic lights near Wisma MUIS in Kota Kinabalu!!! I panicked, sweat started trickling down, my heart rate shot up and when people started honking I started waving frantically at the cars behind, trying to tell them that I was sorry while I tried hard to get the engine started again. It didn't take long to get the engine started but to me it felt like an eternity. When I finally reached home I was on the verge of a breakdown... LOL!

There was a time when I really didn't feel or even want to drive but at the same time I hated taking the bus to work. I mean with the state of public transportation around here, I'd rather take my chances driving! I don't own my own car so I'd say I'm kinda lucky in a way cos all the maintenance was handled by my dad ... hehehe ... but I do know how difficult it is at times to own a car, the fuel costs involved, the repairs, the exorbitant parking rates, the servicing and most of all when it come to getting good Insurance Coverage for Cars. Boy, that can be a huge headache at times especially when it comes to finding Better Car Insurance Rates.

I know how troublesome it is, I've seen my dad having to drive all the way out into town just to find an insurance agent, then find a good deal on the coverage, then drive all the way to get road-tax renewed after that. It could take all day and that is if you could get it done at all. I'm glad my dad took care of all that.

With Advantageauto quotes, all that headache is taken off your hands. With their user friendly features on Online Insurance Policy, finding an insurance plan that fits your needs is so easy. You don't even have to leave the comforts of your own home, just sit back, log on to their website and let them do the work for you. Sounds good isn't it:) It even makes me feel like getting my own car and driving again:)

14 comments:

  1. HAHAHA, I can imagine you at the trafiic lights panicking like crazy ... I've been in that situation too when I first got my license so you're normal like every new driver :) And yeah, getting insurance those days can be a big hassle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wisma Muis?! Woah!! Heavy traffic!! And your car was dead?! Woohoo...What a bad day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kesian you, stuck at the traffic light with people honking at you. If I'd have been behind you, I would have been one of the honkers, that's for sure ... LOL! Well, at least now you don't have that problem no more, ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi this is Sriram.Can you give me linkback/blogroll me.I will do the same.

    www.maverickshaunt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to this, it happened to me once too and mine was on the way to work, you know the big junction near Karamunsing kompleks. It was in the morning and I was sweating
    like I just came out from a sauna.
    Totally embarassing and sis...we are talking about the same car here. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!!! I can really relate to that. I hate that Wisma Muis traffic light! When I first got my driver's licence, my bf got me a Honda Civic as a gift. Happy lah konon wanna try out my new car, I asked him to jalan-jalan KK lar. Drove around Karamunsing then Wisma Muis. Stopped at the traffic light and I was the front car. When the light turned green, my car died!! Panicked, I do EVERYTHING I could possibly remember how to make a car move. Hit the gas, released clutch .. I even turned the water and wiper on! -_-" Bf laughed as hard as he can, I stopped talking to him for almost 2 days.

    These days, I dare not drive much, especially on manual cars. Bf became my chauffeur. Mwahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MD - They say you'll always learn from your mistakes:) I should get myself an automatic car but I prefer manual cars... dunno why. I have phobias of insurance too!:(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crystal - Yeah, Wisma Muis traffic light, Karamunsing, Lido-Lintas... all the major intersections! The car went dead when I ter'release' the clutch when the gear was still engaged.

    Those days they didn't give the 'P' sticker to new drivers. So, I got honked like crazy. It was nerve-wracking to say the least:(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spiff - Woi, what a meanie!:P

    Nope, since then I'm always extra careful especially at the traffic lights:D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Sriram. Welcome to Mumblings:) Feel free to link me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ann - Yeah, same car! LOL

    Karamunsing Complex intersection sure beat the others. Maybe it's easier now with the flyovers but I don't know if they're completed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cindy - That is too funny... I love the 'turned the water and wiper on' part! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. I understand ur driving fears, but at least ur driving again. :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marzie, the fears are doubled especially on KL roads!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv