Saturday, August 18, 2007

Froggy To The Rescue...

How do you handle a host of snails crawling around your garden and chewing up your precious flowers? The back yard of the house that I'm staying in has plenty of snails crawling all over. It's like snail paradise. They'd be coming out in droves early in the morning or just after a rainfall. The most I could do is kick them back into the drains (yucks). Or maybe even export them to those snail-eating countries!

Well, the answer to my problem is called Froggy (not his real name!). He or she is your garden helper (yes, you read right) as well as being a decoration for your garden. What froggy does is, it's supposed to help you to get rid of garden slugs and snails, and what's more, it's a beer guzzler too! (guess that makes it a male... hehehe). Pour beer in its mouth? Why you may ask. Well, apparently, the beer or rather the smell of it attracts slugs who will just happily crawl into the beer laden mouth of froggy and just plain 'commit suicide' by drowning itself in the beer (man, that's the way to die... hehehe) And don't try to be too clever and pour something else because it just won't work.

Froggy cost only USD9.95 (beer not included) and with its whimsical and decorative design frog slug trap, there's no need to scatter slug bait pellets (that a cat or dog may eat). No need to let little piles of powdered slug bait detract from your garden's beauty.

Just make sure your husband or boyfriend doesn't invite his beer guzzling friends over for a drink from it!!!

Source: www.solutions.com


19 comments:

  1. Awesome! Another "peaceful" way to die (for the snails). LOL!

    Not to mention.. kogutan too, if they managed to escape. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute frog! didn't know snails are attracted by the smell of beer, hmm.. that gives me an idea! Thanks sis. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kogutan? That's mabuk right? (Bukan kaki minum bah sia ni) Hehe... just imagine the snails jalan miring-miring:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting. I didn't know that beer can attract insects ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snails??? I can't even grow a garden!! Now, the beer I can do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, beer in frog's mouth? Now, trust me, if me and my buddies were there, that beer wouldn't last too long (not that we're drinkers, mind you ... LOL!) And I seriously didn't know that beer attracts snails, I thought it only attracted 'kaki botols' ... LOL! Cool looking garden pest controller though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ann - You gonna put the beer mug in your garden eh? Let me know if it works;)

    Janice - Neither did I! Maybe all insects are male?? That's why they like beer. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, drowning in a pool of beer... that's one way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori - Heck! I don't even have a garden, yet the snails come in droves:( But their days are numbered, but it sure will burn a hole in my pocket buying that bloody beer for them!!

    Nick - Hmmm, if you fancy slug infused beer... by all means, call your buddies! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehehe yeah miring miring trus if they manage to escape.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nessa, I'll echo Lindaf's comment, That's the way to go ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Learning something new everyday. Wouldn't beer attract ants?

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is the cutest thing ever! I don't have a real snail problem, but I do love my gadgets! Thanks for the tip friend! Hows life?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lindaf & Mat Dingo - That's the ultimate drinkers death wish! LOL

    Shana - Ya bah, kalau gol trus pigi siput heaven... hehehe

    Cirnelle - Hmmm... I thot ants are attracted to sugar, must test it out one of these days:)

    Barrett - I've yet to try it out yet, those beer aren't cheap:(

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL! I thought I might be able to find it at my local target and unfortunately that was a no go! I guess I will have to break down and order it online! You will have to pick up a six pack and try it out! Let me know if it works! Take care friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey there Nessa! Just wanted to let you know that I tagged you with the "Nice Matters Award!" You deserve it! Take care and have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Urmm, why no new postings ah? you busy ah? or lazy ... hehehe ... post one soon, k? I'm getting withdrawal symptoms from seeing no new postings here. LOL!

    We want new post! We want new post! We want new post! hahahaha ...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Barrett. Will proudly display the award soon:):)

    MD - Sabar peminat!! Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  19. COOL SITE! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv