Saturday, September 8, 2007

My Son, The Message Bearer...

When I woke up this morning, the first thing I did was switch on my PC to check my blog (hey, it's a Saturday OK). My youngest son who normally wakes up pretty early every weekend came into the room with this pitiful look on his face holding this card with the words 'Breakfast please' sarcastically written on it!

I looked at it, read it and was dumbstruck and then I was in stitches:) You see my son has this habit of writing things down when he wants something or doesn't get what he wants. His messages can be quite sarcastic at times:) For an 8 year old boy I'm amazed with his creativity in getting messages across to me.

Another fine example of his message skill was shown about a month ago when he came to me and asked for a bicycle. You see, he goes to the nearby park every weekend and it seemed that he befriended a boy who has a bicycle. So he came home, asked how much a bicycle cost and I purposely told him that I didn't have money to buy one (I was gonna get him one for Christmas anyway). So he was upset, pouted up his lips and walked away. He has a knack of doing this regularly when he's upset or angry (that boy has a temper, just like me!) so I was used to his tantrums.

A few minutes later, he came to me ( I was blogging as usual), left a piece of note on the table and walked off! This is what the note said...


I felt bad for not being honest with him (I still haven't told him I'm getting him the bike for X'mas... it's a surprise after all). And he still bugs every single chance he gets about the bike. He's probably gonna keep on bugging me until he gets what he wants. That's his trademark.

Even as a young boy of 3 to 4 years old he would remember every single thing you told him. For example, if I've told him the night before that we were going to the park the next day, the first thing he would do when he wakes up in the morning is ask me when we're going to the park. He NEVER forgets anything said or promised to him even to this very day. So, I seldom promise him things for fear of being bugged endlessly.

But he is such a mature boy at times. There were times when I was not in the best of moods and he'd come and try to cheer me up. On one occasion he said to me that if I was sad, he was also sad... it was the sweetest thing to say. My little baby boy is growing up so fast that he'll be a teenager soon... and I fear like all teenage boys, he'll never want to be near 'mommy'... sighhhh... until then, he is still my little message bearing often sarcastic baby boy!

Oops! Here's another message for me. This time I really have to go and make his breakfast!!!

39 comments:

  1. LOL! Nessa, next time make la that boys breakfast first :D He is such a cute little fellow. Looks like he has the makings of a future writer :) I'm still laughing reading his messages ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! That is the cutest thing! I don't think I was a note writer, but I definitly bugged my Mom until I got what I wanted! looks like you have a cute little guy on your hands! Take care nessa! I hope you and your family have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha!! alalala.. so adorable. especially the last note. It's sooooo extreme! LOL!

    My son is 3 and a half years old at the moment and he remembers everything that you say and also remembers things that happened like months back. He knew that the LAST time we went to the doc I brought him to KFC. Now, he thinks its a ritual. And I didn't even say anything!!

    :D Anyways, have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He want bycycle
    If he cant wait Xmas, Why dont you buy him the front tyre first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! i have a very smart nephew. This aunty is so proud. I love his sarcastic way of expressing himself especially the last note. Hahaha! Find food in the trash. Wicked!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Nessa, quite a boy you have there ;) Though they all remember everything (that interests them of course ;)).
    Sorry I haven't dropped by for so long, busy busy lately.
    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MD - It was still early... I mean it's a weekend. Well, I've learned my lesson! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barrett - I'm sure that's the 'modus operandi' of kids worldwide to get what they want!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Shemah:) Yeah, the last one was extreme! I never expected him to come up with that kind of threat. Lesson for moms... never leave hungry kids unfed for too long! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha Sebol! I think I'd better buy the handle first la...

    ReplyDelete
  11. HAHAHAHAHAHA! You have one smart boy there, Nessa! :D

    It's always funny having a kid writing stuff to you when they want something. I used to do that with my parents too.. :P

    Oh, have you made dinner yet? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ann, yeah, I love the last note too. I'm gotta get it framed and keep it and show it to his future wife when he gets married... LOL! At least then she'll be prepared for his merajuking :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susie, thanks for taking the time to visit:) He can be quite a handful at times! Take care my friend:D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cindy - Oh, you're a message writer too ah!:D Why didn't I ever thought of this when I was a kid??!

    Oh! Dinner was early yesterday... didn't want to get another message, macam kena saman saja! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ur lil boy is soo cute and funny.. Got me laughing while reading this post. Ur boy sure know a better way of conveying his words.. lol..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, your little boy so cute and funny. Is he always remind you so that you not always blogging ?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Angie - Wait till he gets his own handphone, I'm sure I'll be getting endless text messages!

    Hi Keeyit! You know, he does read my blog... he doesn't understand everything though! It won't be long before he wants to have his own blog... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nessa-Just read the post again and it made me laugh again! "Breakfast Please!" I wonder if I can get away with that when I visit my Mom now that I am almost 25? Take care friend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. neesa,

    i think if all his sarcastics written messages are compiled as a book, it'll be a hit.

    or at least, it can be a future references on how to get things the subtle ways.

    kudos to your son.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha ha ha, the last message was the cutest! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a case where words speak louder, written. Hahahahah! Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  22. teach him how to use the toaster - leggo my eggo.

    mom on, bob.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hahahaha, don't you just love how kids can say things in the most hilariously honest ways! 8-) Great blog! I'm definitely subscribing.
    -C

    ReplyDelete
  24. Barrett - Why don't you try it and see what's going to happen? Your mom would probably touch your forehead and wonder if you've gone bananas! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Wawa! Thanks for dropping by:) You know, that's a mighty fine idea:) Hope to see you more often!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Shyyen - Hello there! Nice seeing you here:) He is sweet but extremely sarcastic ... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hey Marzie! Gonna keep that one framed and present it to him and his future wife on their wedding day ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  28. awww..he's such a cutie..omg the last msg *lol..and smart one too...*giggle...so funny...

    ReplyDelete
  29. auwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww that's so sweeeeeeetttttttttttt....

    ReplyDelete
  30. Kids have good memory. Never ever forget your promise with them or they will grow up to be a liar.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Maslight - I made his breakfast in no time after getting the last message! LOL

    Tulipspeaks - He definitely won big time... the trash thingy really 'punched' me!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Shana - Wanna be his girlfriend? But you have to wait for another... ermmm, maybe 20 years?? LOL

    Jam - I'll definitely remember that!:)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Nessa-Thank you for the kind words and your VERY welcome for the free advertising! It is my way of saying thanks for being a supporter!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Whoa, Nessa, you're being interviewed, how cool is that :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hey Mike! Thanks for the invite. Will check it out later:)

    ReplyDelete
  36. You're one of my greatest supporter too Barrett. It's much appreciated:) Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  37. MD - I'm nervous... should I wear something sexy?? Hehehe

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv