Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Badminton Vacation

Badminton is one sport that I'm pretty good at. Well, maybe 10 years ago. I'll need about a month of training to be able to play decently. It's one of Malaysia's favourite sports besides football. My best memory of badminton was back in 1992 where Malaysia won the Thomas Cup beating Indonesia 3-2 in the final. I remember being so tense as any team could be the winner. Cheah Soon Kit and Soo Beng Kiang (the 2nd Men's Doubles team) were definitely my heroes that day!

Hear ye all badminton fans... there's good news for you. This year's World Junior Badminton Championship will be held in Waitakere, New Zealand beginning October 25th to November 4th 2007. I've been in love with New Zealand ever since I've studied about the beautiful country in Geography class!

If you're thinking of attending the event, your priorities are definitely the tickets as well as your Auckland accommodation. There are plenty of Hotels in Auckland to choose from. Take your pick from bed and breakfast, budget to luxurious hotel! You'll definitely be spoiled for choice:)

And since you're in Waitakere, Auckland, why not visit the other lovely places such as Bethells beach, Waitakere Ranges, the Harbourview Walkway and so much more. With so many places to visit and with the numerous Auckland hotels all in the vicinity of these great places of interest, your sight seeing adventure will be a breeze.

That's settled then, don't forget to check out these great accommodation when you travel to watch your favorite shuttler in action at the World Junior Badminton Championship next week!

6 comments:

  1. Badminton, I've always loved badminton but I wasn't very good at it though. I remember when I was young, my cousins and me would string this makeshift net across our lawn and start playing every evening. I used to own this old wooden Carlton racket. I think it's an antique now, should have kept it, maybe worth some good money now ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nessa,

    I just popped in to say "hi". I love the new look of your blog it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick - You should have kept that antique racket, and then share the $ with me! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Menopauseprincess! Thanks... it was time for a change. Was bored with the old one:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, I LOVE badminton. My family gets really competitive (think lots of friendly smack talk and poking fun at poses) when we play. Then again...we tend to get competitive with each for practically everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was competitive then, but now it's so mellow as I've no stamina already (my friends too). No.1 rule is no smashes allowed! Everyone doesn't wanna risk injury when you have kids... hehe

    Playing badminton is all about catching the shuttlecock and passing it directly to the opponent (with no intention of scoring points!). Failing to do so gets a yelling from either sides. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv