Monday, October 8, 2007

Manly Gift

Christmas is just 2 months away and I've been thinking of getting a gift for my dad back home. As always with guys, I'm always at a loss when it comes to getting gifts for my dad. My dad is a retiree so a tie is way out of the question. He's not a tie person anyway. Books maybe? Well, he's not an avid reader except for the newspaper. What about clothes? I've bought him clothes before and I never saw him wear any of them, they're nicely kept in the closet.

What kind of a guy is my dad? He's a simple man who loves to fix things! Yes, that gives me an idea (lightbulb on head!!)... hehehe. Getting gifts for him won't be too difficult then. Since he loves fixing stuff, I will get him something practical and helps him work! Yes, I will get him a workbench from Carguygarage.com... a Tall Pegboard Workbench to be precise!:) This is just perfect for dad, he won't lose his tools anymore and best of all, he has his own workbench... no more using the kitchen table to repair things. Moreover, it's made of stainless steel so this gift will last a lifetime.

Dad will surely love his Christmas gift this year:) Are you planning to buy a gift for your dad? Head on to Carguygarage.com, they have over 1,000 products to suit all the guys in your life!

14 comments:

  1. Say Nessa, that's an excellent gift idea for your dad :) If you're planning to get me any Christmas presents, there's this nice little red Ferrari that I'd like ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Nessa! I'm hoping that you could help me to pass the 'Pink Penguin' in effort to spread the Breast Cancer Awareness. Please check out this link:

    Please Pass The Pink Penguin

    Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nick, I thought you're a McLaren fan? What's this about wanting a red Ferrari??!:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crystal - Ok, will do this sometime later this week ya. Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Don't you love when your ppp's get people commenting? It means you are doing an excellent job for the company. I always try to make the posts relevant to my blog, too. I don't want to lose readers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Qtpies7! Welcome to Mumblings:)

    It's a bonus when my paid postings get responses! Initially, I was scared to lose my readers. Thank goodness they're all nice & faithful readers/bloggers!

    Glad to meet a fellow postie. Hope you'll be back:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh... I have problems getting gifts for my Dad too... he doesn't seem to want anything! Hope ur dad will like his pressie! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fun looking for gifts even though sometimes it could be a headache :D. I just LOVE Christmas!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marzie - Dads are cool, they don't want anything!:) But I feel bad not getting any gift for him.

    Ya, I hope he likes it... just wondering how on earth I'm gonna bring it back, the thing is huge!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crystal - Oh, tell me about it! I don't know why I'm always stressed out whenever I'm shopping for X'mas. It's fun but like you said, it's also a headache:( But I can't wait for X'mas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aiyah, McLaren fan but I like Ferrari's la, what to do ... LOL! McLaren don't really make roadcars so the take the next best thing la ... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nick - McLaren fan but like Ferrari cars?? What kind of a fan are you?!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your dad will love it. All men love tools whether they actually ever use them or not. They are like grown up men toys. That and our PS2 or Xbox.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Chessnoid. Sori, I overlooked your comment :( Yeah, now I know what to find for men :D PS2 or XBox... pretty expensive stuff... it'll be a while before I could afford them. Sighhh

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv