Sunday, February 10, 2008

Kenny Chesney! Huh???

The only concert I've ever been to in my entire life was way back in the 80's, I think I was about 14 then. Pathetic isn't it? That concert featured some popular Malaysian singers back then. The likes of Sudirman, Ogy Ahmad Daud and Francesca Peter! I was one of the usherettes for the VIPs so I couldn't really enjoy the concert all that much.

I can never forget the atmosphere in the concert. It was electric. It was a totally new experience for me, people screaming and dancing like mad people. No wonder my dad was really against these things. So many times I wanted to follow my cousins to parties but he'd always forbade me from going to things like these. No, he didn't tie me up or anything but his warnings and scoldings were enough to scare the hell out of me :D Moreover, that killer stare of his was more than enough to make me stay put!

And besides, back in those days, just trying to get a ticket for one of these concerts was a painful experience. You'd have to go to the stadium or auditorium or wherever the concert was being staged just to line up for hours trying to get a ticket. The more famous the artiste, the longer the queue. And even then you'd have no way of knowing that when your turn came, there'd still be tickets left for you.

But these days it's a different story altogether. Take for instance, if you're looking for Kenny Chesney Tickets to go for his concert, then all you'd have to do is log on to the world wide web and search for sites like LetsGetTickets that have a huge inventory of tickets available to just about every concert in the North America. No more queues, no more not knowing if there'll be tickets left and all that. And that's not all, they're really cheaper than a lot of their competitors by offering discounts daily.

It's really cool what technology can do for you these days. I guess if I ever decided to attend a concert, I'd definitely look for tickets online. No more standing in line for hours just to buy tickets for me :)

6 comments:

  1. You're right, who in heaven's name is Kenny Chesney? LOL!

    I only went for one concert in my entire life, I'm as pathetic as you are ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You´re right, I have seen two live concerts in Germany (Westlife and Riverdance), we bought both tickets online..but when time to see the concert, its painful stand in a long queue hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  3. MD - I've not heard of Kenny Chesney too. If it wasn't for this assignment, I would have never known who he is! Well, one is better than none at all ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Luthie! Welcome to my humble blog... thanks for dropping by :)

    Wow! At least you attended a Westlife's concert. I used to be a great fan of those boys, I still am :)

    I prefer concerts where people can sit, kaki inda kuat suda kalau berdiri too long :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe! that's the power of an advertisement.. an unknown became known!

    I've never been to any concerts before. There is actually one coming soon in Munich on 23 May (Luth.. take note!) a BonJovi concert but too bad I couldn't find anyone to babysit Vanessa! Otherwise it would be a great birthday gift. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ann - That's why 'they' pay us to write about him! LOL

    Bestnya ada BonJovi concert :) Last year Beyonce wanted to perform in KL but the authorities were strict with her dressing, so she cancelled :(

    They approved PussyCat Dolls so I don't understand why Beyonce cannot. It feels like zaman purba saja here sometimes... never grow up!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv