Saturday, May 17, 2008

Get Wiki Wiki!

I know it's a little too soon to be talking about Father's day what with the Mother's day celebrations just over and all that. But hey, it's never too early right? Actually, my sis is coming down next week and I was thinking of getting something for my dad and asking her to pass it along to him when she goes back.

But the thing is I have absolutely no idea what to get him. I've sat for hours thinking what to get for him but for the life of me, I don't really know. I could get him power tools and all that but my dad has enough of stuff like that already. And he's also a little old fashioned so no fancy gadgets for him.

I thought why not do a search online and see what I could come up with. And I discovered this site called ShopWiki and they're totally different from the rest of those traditional online shopping sites out there that only show you stores that have paid for their placements there. ShopWiki on the other hand finds every store on the internet (and that's a lot mind you) by crawling the web just like what Google would do.

So, I tried them out and true enough, they did have an extensive list of gift and products on offer in categories such as automotive, home & garden, clothing and lots more . I was pretty impressed that they even had a seasonal section especially catered for Father's day :D Now that made my task of finding a Father's day gift so much easier for my dad. I wonder if he would appreciate a nice skincare gift set? He'd probably hit me on the head with it... LOL!

I don't think my dad would appreciate stuff like that. He's an older generation kind of guy who's used to the rough life style and things like skincare gift sets would not be his cup of tea. Maybe something to do with the garden or cars, now that he might appreciate, I say might because I cannot be too sure when it comes to my dad. Anyway, I still have some time until my sister comes down so that should give me ample time to look for something.

But I did see some pretty nice and cute stuff at ShopWiki so I just might get some stuff for myself too, who knows :)

14 comments:

  1. I started to look for something for my dad now because the last minute shopping always wasting a lot of time walking ard & ard.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you find the perfect gift! I'm so clueless lah. I never know what to get for men.

    Btw, I have an award for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How're you doing Nessa???!!!

    Sorry I forgot to tell you when that telemovie was aired on Astro Ria (cuz i didnt want you to watch it) LOLs

    If you have voted for my song on FlyFM, i wanna say thanks a lot because it is now No. 2 on FLY!!!!

    MY EP has already been completed.. cant wait Nessa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an idea Nessa...

    How about contributing $$$ in his account? He can buy what he wants for himself right? Just an idea lah. That´s what I do for my mom, Christmas, birthday...I just send her a little bit of cash (because I don´t have much kekeke) at least boleh kasih senang senang hati dia.

    Chaooooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is a tough one la ... If he already has everything, then it's going to be tough to find something for him.

    Maybe you could do what your commenter above suggested, give him cash so he can buy whatever he wants. That would sure be easier ... hehehe ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dora ~ That's true... I also don't want to do last minute shopping, very stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rozella ~ Same here... I still have a few days before my sis comes over. Aiya!!

    Oh, thanks for the award :D Will collect it later ya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi IZ! Why didn't you want me to watch it? Izzit that bad? LOL *Just kidding*

    Congrats for getting the 2nd spot on FlyFM's CampurChart! All the best to your EP. I'll keep a lookout on that majalah HAi :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Luthie ~ Hey, that's a great idea :) Ya bah, it's the thot that counts kan. Nasib baik ada juga kakak2 sia tinggal dekat buli tingu dia. Kadang2 susah hati juga ingat dia saturang di sana kampung.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nick ~ Yeah, I'll take Luthie's suggestion. My dilemma's solved :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nessa, I am the same shoes, my mama live alone too, sia slalu ingat dia takut dia jatuh sakit saturang, takut ada orang jahat masuk rumah lah..macam2 lah...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Luthie ~ Ya bah kan, itu yang bikin takut tu kalau perampuk datang. Tapi rumah kami rumah buruk seja, teda apa2 bah di dalam, rugi seja tu perampuk kalau datang... hehe. *Palis-palis jauh jauh*

    ReplyDelete
  13. So did u figure out what to get him in the end? Give la some more ideas lolz... :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marzie ~ Oh nothing fancy actually. I'll send some cash, better that way. I bought some shirts a few years back but I never see him wear them, he didn't liked them I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv