Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Home Is Where The Heart Is...

Have you ever felt like you're living in a house but it just doesn't feel like home? Back to this later.

My vision of a dream home is a place where you can unwind, far from the hustle and bustle of the city life. Apart from sheltering you from rain and heat, it should feel cozy and safe.

It doesn't have to be huge coz I find huge houses intimidating. Besides, think of the time you'll spend cleaning the place! One important element of a house that I find lacking in most homes is the feel of being away from home. I want to feel like I'm on vacation right at home.

Why? Well, you'll never feel bored being at home. Wouldn't that be nice? :) If you're thinking of building your dream house and don't have the funds to engage a professional architect, you can get a wide selection of reasonably priced House Plans at HousePlansAndMore.com.



I'm definitely intrigued by their Country House Plans coz I am after all a kampung (village) girl and it fits my personal style. My other favorite is the log home floor plans.

While these plans may give you your ultimate house but the fact is a house will only be a home when all your loved ones are there. My house back home is a perfect example. It may not be luxurious, the zinc roofs are leaky, the walls are eaten by termites and the stairs are rickety but I feel right at home coz that is where my heart is.
.

16 comments:

  1. i do agree with you a sweet home does not mean to have a luxury one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nessa, you make me cant even wait for my dream house to be ready. Unfortunately it will only be ready by 2010! At the moment, staying together with my bro and sis-in-law under one roof. Not so much on having "privacy" if you know what I mean. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, agree with you. I feel the same way too. :) That's why all hotels and resorts share the same tag, to make you feel like home he he...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't care about anything else but the kitchen!!! It has to be spacious, fully equipped. *sigh*

    Okay, then maybe the bathroom has to be pretty big as well.

    Lots of mirrors for vain ol' me. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a home with space for me to run around XD and dance like a mad woman. Ogie maybe 1 room for my collections XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazel ~ I miss the old kampung homes and the scenery, with coconut trees and buffaloes roaming around. These days you see lots of concrete homes... I prefer wooden homes but they're more expensive :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rose ~ Well, that's just 2 year more. And it's already September, just 3 months and it'll be 2009 :) How fast time flies!

    Yeah, but the company is great kan. I miss having my sisters around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crystal ~ Yeah, I remember one tagline...'Home away from home' but I forgot which resort/hotel suda.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haizum ~ Spacious kitchen, check! Big bathroom, check! Lots of mirrors, check! I think I'll be a pretty good agent if I were to find you a house :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marzie ~ Hey, why aren't you playing your FB Home? I'm still hooked on that game la and the parking wars game too, very addictive... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maslight ~ Hahaha... sounds just like in the Hindi movies la you! Your collections?? The mini dolls, am I right? :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ay these are exactly my sentiments right now "A house could never be called home without your lovedones staying in there with you".

    Thanks for the visit in my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mitch ~ Hi Mitch! Glad you could drop by. Welcome to Mumblings :)

    I guess that's why I only tend to say 'Home sweet home' only at my home back where I grew up with my siblings...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Emila Hi Emila!! :D So nice kan? These kind of house has character, homely and reminds you of the kampung halaman. I feel melancholic right now...

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv