Tuesday, September 2, 2008

An Inky Situation

My younger boy just loves drawing. Half the time you can find him doodling around on any bit of paper that he can find and is always pestering me to get him new fresh papers to draw on. Every time he runs out of papers to scribble on you'll hear him screaming, 'Mommy, I need more paper!'

What does he think I am? A paper merchant or something? Sometimes when I'm out of paper for him, I'll let him get on the PC and use the paint software to mess around with. He's actually very good at drawing and can reproduce quite a bit of the things he sees on TV such as Transformers, Ultraman, Ben Ten, Ironman and stuff like that.

He's even kinda mastered the paint software and maybe when he's really good enough, I'll let him move on to Illustrator and see what he can produce from there. Ok, this is where the problem starts. Ever since I let him use the paint software, he's now pestering me to get a printer so he can start printing out his masterpieces and show off to this friends.

While I had a printer before, that one sort of dropped off the table one day and broke! Well, I was not in my best of moods and yeah, I sort of destroyed it. *Blush* Since then I haven't bought a new printer. Didn't have the need for it and besides, have you seen the price of printer cartridges these days? They're not exactly cheap and with the amount of drawings the young fellow does, I'll probably be needing quite a bit of Printer Ink just to print half of the things he has drawn.

Actually that really is one very expensive thing about a printer. While the printer in itself can be pretty cheap and extremely high tech, the consumables are a little steep in price. So you can imagine my delight when I stumbled across Pacific Ink, a site that offers the widest variety of high quality printer ink cartridges at prices of up to 70% lesser than what the actual printer manufacturer charges.

And with over 200 different brands of printer ink cartridges to choose from I'll be spoilt for choice :D I suppose with their easy to order process and direct to door delivery and no hassle return policy (in case there are any defects), I can now afford to sustain my son's voracious appetite for drawing! Who knows maybe I could put up some of his drawings on e-bay and sell them for a fortune!
.

10 comments:

  1. he may grow up to be a great artist you know :D

    Yea,tell me about it..one black cartridge can cost up till rm80 oh..tsk tsk.Colored cartridge lagi..hmm pengsan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, cartridges can put a huge dent in your wallet especially if you print a lot.

    It might in the long run be cheaper to buy him a whole ream of paper which would probably cost RM7.00 or so, depending on the quality than actually buying cartridges ... wui, I sound like a paper seller la ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me, I'm still considering to buy or not to buy a printer for my laptop at home! Call me stingy puss, but when it comes to girlie stuff & food... mcm org kaya pulak haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh yes, the printer, cheap when purchase but when reach to the word "cartridge"? GG the pricing is just *sigh~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Emelda ~ An artist like Picasso would be great... hehe

    Itulah, makan darah betul kan. Ink seja lagi mahal dari kasut sia... sighhh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mat Dingo ~ That's why I print mostly at work. Bijak kan :D

    Errrmmm, yeah, you do sound like a paper seller la! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flodawn ~ Printers can never be in the same level like those girlie stuff and food ba. You can't eat it nor wear it. Besides, there's always the printers at work or at the print shops! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maslight ~ Gila kan the price. I've always wondered why the printers are so cheap... rupa-rupanya ink dia mahal :*(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wah, ur son sounds more terrer than me la, using paint software all! Maybe he'll be an artist! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marzie ~ He's a fast learner, that boy :) But stubborn... just like me! Haha

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv