Thursday, October 23, 2008

Q? Cue? Queue?

.
Last night, I had dinner outside with the boys. There on the opposite table right in front of us was this group of old men chatting away. I paid no notice but my younger boy was listening intently to them. After they finished eating and left, my younger boy asked me, 'mommy, what's a pool cue?'

A what? I asked him. 'A pool cue, the uncles just now were talking about pool cues' he said. Now, for the life of me I don't know what a pool cue is. I thought it had something to do with swimming pools, maybe a group of people queuing up by the pool or something. I wasn't even sure of the spelling. Q? Cue? Queue? Well, I told him I don't really know and would look it up for him at home later.

By the time we got home the little fellow completely forgot all about it but not me. I was intrigued and curious about it and after looking it up online, I found out a pool cue is that long stick they use for playing pool and billiard... hehehe. I wonder why they call it a cue anyway? It looks more like a stick to me and pool stick would have been a much better name :D

Anyway, did you know that PoolDawg.com has over 3,000 products and more that 700 Pool Cue models you can choose from? I suppose it's no wonder that they're the number one destination for pool cues and billiards equipment.

I wonder what the difference really is between all those pool cues cos to me they all look the same. Just a long piece of stick! Well, I guess if you're really into pool and billiards, the PoolDawg.com would be the place for you they also have loads of other interesting stuff like buying guides, maintenance tips, terms and terminologies (especially good for people like me who know next to nothing about billiards... hehehe).

Well, I'd better log off now and go to bed cos my eyes are so heavy already. It's been a pretty tiring day for me. Good night peeps :D
.

26 comments:

  1. Besides pool cut there is a 'X' cue too. Where people like me use to cue when I can't reach the cue ball. Besides that a pool cue is bigger in diameter then a snooker cue. Got some idea what I'm talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My housemate has a collection of pool cue in his room. They all looked almost the same to me tho. -_-"

    Maybe I should tell him about this site. Terus gila mangkali dia tu. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to play pool when I was active in clubbing before married! Emm... maybe going wth hubby one day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee, don't worry, I also didn't know they had different kinds of pool cues until I read your post! LOL!

    Well, pool, billiards and snooker are just not my kind of game anyway :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehehee..sia ingat ko mau cerita pasal bebaris tadi..tapi nampak saja tu word pool..nah terus tetau pasal tu cucuk bola punya cue..hehehe
    My dad dulu pun ada simpan di rumah..macam harta karun jak kena jaga tu cue..

    ReplyDelete
  6. i didn't know this before, what is that actually?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Nessa! Morning my standards la he he! :)

    Thanks so much for ur message at my blog, it made me smile and I had to come here quickly to give u a big fat HUG! Love ya for cominover to make me feel better, ,you're the best! :):):)

    Tu la, org semua tgh best-best, gelak-gelak, laugh-laugh, then semua org takde mood! But it's okay, cause it's oredi Fri and I can forget abt my depressi over the weekend! Watch me shop away la this weekend ha ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nessa, did I ever tell u that I love playing pool, but dah lama gila tak main?? I even entered a kompetisi at this club once (ahem during my clubbing days la!) and won second place it seems ha ha!! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nessa, how come I can't find u on FB anymore?? :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nessa, ha ha, love your kids...its good they ask questions.
    I love to play snooker, maybe you get your son to learn to play pool or snooker at a club.
    Its fun....I think they have it as a pc game too.
    Have a great weekend Nessa, best regards, Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pernah hubby and I (time tu belum kawin :D) watched a couple playing pool. The guy was teaching this girl, but bila itu perempuan mo tried her best, si lelaki ni suru bediri camni la camtu la. Geram pulak sya tengok, but when it's our turn, si hubby ajar2 sya, tapi 2X5 pulak, bila sya mo bediri camni, dia suruh camtu. Geram sya!

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's good to look foe information about the "pool cue"..hahhah...usually i would say the pool cue as pool stick..hahhahh..but i'm not really knows about all this pool kind of thing..but i used to play pool before...ehheh...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ken ~ Urmmm... I'm not reali sure what you're referring to. So many types of cues ya.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ethel ~ Haha... maybe he'll go gaga kan. Women go gaga over shoes, men over pool cues... hmmm... weird :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dora ~ That's great! I've never even touched a pool cue before. Looks like fun on TV though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mat Dingo ~ Pool, billiards, snooker... I don't even know the difference. Not my kind of games I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kadus Mama ~ Misti mahal tu kan... dia punya mija seja harga beribu. I think my dad likes the game too but slalu dia jadi penonton seja.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hazel ~ Well, it's that long stick they use to push the colorful balls into the slots/holes. That's pretty much all I know.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Marzie ~ Good morning dear! :) Sori for the late reply... pretty busy lately.

    I hope it helps a bit, I hate to see a good friend feel sad.

    So, what did you shop?? Tell me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. U. Lee ~ Sometimes they ask too much questions (the youngest especially) that I don't even know how to answer!

    I doubt they have such clubs in school, but I have seen it as a PC game. Yeah, maybe we'll try it one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Marzie ~ You did?? Got 2nd place some more! Wahhh, I certainly didn't know you had such skills! :) Not bad!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Crystal ~ Haha... susah bah kalau inda tau camana mo main kan. Just like playing Golf I guess, kana ada style mo swing la, pukul the ball la... not that I know how to play Golf la.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Marzie ~ Urmmm... I've deactivated my FB account a couple of weeks back. I did write a message there, I guess you didn't notice. Sori ya.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sweet Girlicious ~ At least you've played the game before :) Yeah, I would have referred to it as pool stick too instead of pool cue!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Pool cues are tapered sticks usually made of wood. These are essential equipment in billiards and pool games. Some of the cues have graphite or fiberglass as an outer covering.

    ReplyDelete
  26. John ~ Hi John Poolcue! What an apt name :) Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv