Thursday, October 30, 2008

Spoilt For Choice

.
I started watching ASTRO when my sister subscribed it for my dad, that was way back in 2004. Prior to that, we only had the regular terrestrial stations such as ntv7, RTM1, RTM2 and TV3. And they really didn't have very nice shows either. If you didn't like what you saw on one channel, then you only had 3 other channels to choose from unlike today with urmmm, the 50 over or so channels that we have.

Back then, I remember watching Cantonese serial dramas loyally at 6pm on weekdays, I didn't even miss an episode. The first drama I saw was 'The Bund' and that was in 1984. Yes, that long ago. I was totally smitten with Chow Yuen Fatt and adored Do Do Cheng! :D And other weekends, I had nothing to watch other than the Hindi or Tamil movies. That was where I got to know about Shah Rukh Khan, eh, Datuk Shah Rukh Khan now... hehe... and Salman Khan. Gosh, their song and dance routines alone makes up half the show! :)

These days with ASTRO, I have so many choices to choose from that sometimes I really cannot decide what to watch. That's what happens when you get so many choices. But from all the channels, I only watch AXN where you get cool series like The Amazing Race, CSI, and Hallmark (where I only watch Doc Martin and Midsomer Murders), there's something about those quaint little English villages!

Other channels are AFC (my favorites are Sugar, Restaurant Makeover, Scandinavian Cooking and License To Grill) and not forgetting channel V (ANTM, as well as the Australian and British version of the series). I don't really watch the movie channels that much unless there really is something that I want to watch.

I guess the best part of having subscription TV is you can always watch repeats of certain shows if you missed them but I do hate those commercials they air during intervals. I mean it is pay TV after all and I didn't pay to watch commercials in the first place. It's annoying but I guess that's what you have to put up with when you don't have other options.

You know, talking about all these shows has got me wishing I had one of those cool super sleek LCD TV's. You know the flat paneled kind that you can modify and conceal in a cabinet or a wall using one of those Nexus21 TV Lifts designed just for things such as these. Just so you know, Nexus 21 is the manufacturer of high quality lift systems for flat panel LCD and plasma TV's.

They even have a blog mind you :D Nexus 21 gives you the best products, the best service and the best support, well, just about the best of everything! And with their 24-hour customer support available every day, you needn't worry if you get into a fix, cos all you need to do is call them.

Imagine how cool it would be after watching your favorite show, you just flick a switch and your TV will slide into a cabinet or a wall. That would surely impress your friends :)
.

12 comments:

  1. I have cut down "watching-drama" time 'coz come back home late. Just watch abt an hr after dinner then go blogging before sleeping...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dora ~ My kids practically hog the TV especially the cartoon channels. But they know they can't win if I want to watch The Amazing Race or CSI! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what nessa..me until now tidak subscribe Astro..hehe!! macam tidak kena tingu pun kalau kena subscribe..! Jadi tingu NTV7,8TV and TV3 jak..yang lain channel tu..nda kena tingu..ekeke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kadus Mama ~ Well, good for you! :) Kalau teda ASTRO pun still can survice ba, mahal juga dia punya harga, sia pun tanga2 pikir mo kensel ka inda ni...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true. There's soooooo many channels on Astro that sometimes I just don't know what to watch! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. EH kesian B u said TV3 got no nice shows ha ha!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. But now they're improving kan? Much better than last time he he! ;)

    Am bored with ASTRO too, nothing to watch. Have been watching lotsa DVDs instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marzie ~ Sori B! The only program I watched on TV3 this year was Gangstarz la.

    I used to watch their prime time news but not anymore. I think you know why...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mat Dingo ~ If all else fails, just try the 'Eeny, Meeny, Miny, Moe' method! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marzie ~ They have definitely improved but last time I didn't have ASTRO. Since it's pay TV, have to watch the channels la, if not rugi saja bayar ya.

    Thank goodness for blogging ya! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. If no Astro, habis la my nephews. Suda la we cancelled the subs. for cartoons sebab dorang nda pandai berenti control tu T.V.

    We only pay yang below RM60, ambil yang patut2 jak, tia dapat lagi cari yang murah cos sya nda mo miss itu Ghost Whisperer, Heroes coming soon etc. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Crystal ~ Sama la cam my boys... yang youngest tu favorite dia skrang Astro Ria and Animax.

    Sia ambil yang RM90 punya pekej. Sbb minat sports, especially time Olympics hari tu. Yay, sia pun inda kesabaran mo tingu Heroes Season 2 ni!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv