Thursday, October 16, 2008

To Park Or Not To Park

I don't know why but I've been feeling so tired the entire week. My body aches and my spirits have been flagging and I'm looking forward to the weekend. Thank god, half the week has passed and it's already Thursday. One more day to go before the weekend comes around.

I still haven't fully recovered from last week's event. This weekend, I'm just going to sit back, kick off my shoes and do practically nothing at home. But of course, I'd still have to feed my two boys. They tend to have huge appetites, especially on weekends.

Come to think of it, maybe I won't be able to kick off my shoes and rest this weekend. Food disappears real fast with those two boys perpetually eating all the time! The thing is I hate grocery shopping on weekends. The place is going to be packed with weekend shoppers and the queue at the cashier counter is going to be horrendously long... sigh...

Let's not even talk about the parking situation. Parking is like next to impossible to find. And when there is parking it's like miles away from the entrance. On top of that you get all sorts of indiscriminate people parking in every available nook and cranny making even walking to the entrance a chore.

Since I'm on the subject of parking, I recently noticed quite a few cars parked along the road junction near the place I'm staying. There were cars there before but it has increased quite a bit recently. First of all, parking your car along the road junction is downright dangerous not to mention illegal. In a way, I don't really blame them. These cars, I presume belong to some of the people who work in the offices from across the street and there really isn't all that much legal parking there for them to park all day.

So they resort to parking along the residential side of the road. Maybe somebody here should come up with what they do in London, you know, like those London Garages where you can rent a parking spot or garage on a rolling monthly basis. Something where you can charge those car drivers a parking fee so much cheaper than getting a regular monthly pass or something.

Besides, it'll be so much safer for them and they could come and go as they please without facing the problem of inconsiderate motorist double parking and blocking them at times. It's such a good idea that I wonder why no one has started such a thing like what they offer at ParkLet.com in London. They actually offer people money to rent out whatever available parking space you have be it in your driveway or even your empty garage. You just provide them the space and they'll do the rest. Easy isn't it?

Maybe I should look into starting a business like this over here. Who knows it just might make me a millionaire! LOL! Ok, enough dreaming already. I'd better get back to reality. But it's a great idea don't you think? :)

12 comments:

  1. I so know how you feel... I was really energetic at the beginning of the week, but now! Aduh! I don't even want to get out of bed! Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nessa: I know what you mean. Believe it or not, I've been feeling tired and lazy all week XD oh man, the holiday season is slowly getting to me *sigh OMG mo deepavali sudah ni

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah that's true..sometimes, those cars that park along road junction can make the other car difficult to pass the road..even in my place always the same, as it is near to the restaurant where big cars always park wherever they like "mcm bapa dia punya jalan"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cepat kan, Friday sudah! Tomorrow-morrow X'mas sudah!! He he he... :D
    Sya pun harap weekends seja ni, penat betul with this kesibukans and sakit2 somemore, but free time in weekends for oneself only, if pi shopping centre, adui... Di sini entah dapat ka mo sewa2 garage ni kalo nda ada penyamun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow I don't think it would work la. People here park at the road side cos they're just too cheapskate to pay any parking fees ... LOL!

    Inconsiderate, that's what they are ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. nessa, maybe they relly should be those garages in London! parking is so hard to find nowadays. ><

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rozella ~ Kan syiok if inda payah karaja kan... guyang kaki seja! Hehe... Tapi nanti makan batu seja la crita dia :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maslight ~ Iya kan, mo Deepavali suda... punya capat. I thot I just went to a Deepavali open house, last year pula tu!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet Girlicious ~ You got that right, macam bapa dia punya jalan kan!! Haha

    I hate those who double park and leave their cars for hours. Reali selfish people!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crystal ~ Iya capat btul, now it's Monday suda... where did the weekend go??

    Yay, X'mas is just 2 months away! :) Inda sabar mo pi X'mas shopping ni... ish, macam kaya seja, padahal... paham2 seja la! LOL!

    Itu prob dia kan, nanti kita kasi sewa, skali urang angkut garage sama tu rumah sekali gus!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mat Dingo ~ Yeah, that's why the municipal councils should get tough on these people. Tow all their cars, slap huge fines and enforcement must be done at all times. But then again, this is Malaysia... I'm only dreaming!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jean ~ Yeah, I hate driving for hours just to find a parking space. A waste of time and fuel... sigh...

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv