Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Get Chatty!

.
Do you still remember your first chatting experience? I'm not talking about your normal chit-chats between friends but rather chatting over the internet using softwares such as instant messengers, IRC, ICQ... just to name a few.

For me it was IRC, I used it way back in 1999. I didn't know a single thing about it until a colleague explained about the whole thing. There I was looking at her chatting in various Online Chat Rooms and was intrigued! You see I was working in a telecommunications company, I should know these things right? But I didn't... duh! LOL!

So, one day I tried it out on my own (but not before asking my colleague's help on how to get connected). Man, all those codes were pretty confusing! I was hooked! If I'm not mistaken, I used PumpkinPi3 as my nickname. Don't ask me why I used that nick. Gimme a break la, I was new and everyone had cool nicks! I was desperate to stand out... hahaha! I had trouble deciphering all the abbreviations like ASL, BRB, ROTFLMAO, etc. I wonder who ever came up with such ingenuity...

It was a new experience, playing around... but of course I knew the dangers of chatting with unknown people. Most of the guys basically wanted to know more about you and even asked for dates! I wasn't into that sort of thing so tough luck for them... LOL! Well, that was before, now I don't chat as much except with family and close friends of course.

If you're new to this chatting stuff, and would like to try it out, why not try OnlineChatCity.com. It's an online webcam chat site offering free life time membership! Enjoy chatting but be aware of the risks. Just remember not to reveal too much personal information. After all, it is always better to be safe than sorry.
.

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear! The last time I use ICQ was when I was in college, in the 90s! Yeah, too chatty till I dont want to sleep at night! hahah! Those were the days.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mula-mula sia chat pun pakai IRC..haha!! then upgrade pi ICQ..lepas tu malas chatting..now pun chat sama kawan2 saja..i don't chat with strangers anymore..hehehe sebab banyak yang geteh!! mula-mula ok..tiba2 cerita pandai melencong..benci!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember the first chat software I used was called Freetel. It was top of the line back then ... hehehe ...

    I think my nickname back then was twospd. These days I don't even bother with chat softwares ... I just use my super duper communications device :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rose ~ Hahaha! I know the feeling :) I remember getting my 1st PC sometime in 1995. Always slept late and I didn't even have internet that time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kadus Mama ~ Iya ba, kebanyakan tanya benda yang sama ja, lama2 muak ba kan.

    Chatting ni best utk famili, long lost friends, frens, boifren girlfren... anytime better than snail mail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spiff ~ I don't think I've heard of Freetel before. How long ago was that? 1980? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My chat name used to be Peppermint kununnnn... sampai sekarang itu 'mint' melakat hahahaa...

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv