Saturday, February 17, 2007

In Loving Memory

A wonderful mom you were
Never once you thought about yourself
Never once you complained
Always a believer in being kind to others

Voice of you, I hear no more
I miss you mom, more than ever
I will cherish memories of you
No more sadness as you are rightly in God’s place.

Rest in peace, Anna (1938 – 2005)

Today marks the 2nd anniversary of my mom’s passing. It seemed like it was only yesterday. How time flies... I miss her. My mom was a selfless person, always thought of others. Even in her final moments, she never failed to remind my sisters and me to treat her visitors well. She was the best mom a daughter could ever have. She never criticized me for my choices. Yeah, maybe once or twice for wearing clothes that didn’t look appropriate on me. The only regret I have is we never had a close ‘mother-daughter’ bond. Yeah, we talked but they weren’t heart-to-heart talks. I have always longed for my mom’s approval. I’ve wanted to hear her say that she was proud of me but that moment never came and sadly, never will. I guess she was an old fashion kinda mom, one who didn’t like to show affection. But she still was the best mom.

6 comments:

  1. You made me teary sis with your posting. Odoi! I miss her too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Err thanx, I think. They held prayers for Ina last nite (16/2). I Lucy pinopoiho dogo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yaa me too, I'm touched. We did have the anniversary prayer on 16/2. I remember we were all in tears by the 'amazing grace'...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sis, just saw your comment. Been a while since I checked my old postings. I get emotional every time I hear 'Amazing Grace':(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nessa- That was beautiful! I am sure you had your mothers approval! Like you said she was probably just old fashioned and didn't know how to say it! What you can do is try and always express to your kids exactly what your feeling! You can give them the approval you felt you didn't get from your mother! Take care my friend! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right Barrett. I'm sometimes influenced by the way she brought me up... I'm not as affectionate like the western moms but I definitely do try to be more open with my kids and give them more freedom than I never got from my mom. Thanks for your comment:)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv