Friday, February 16, 2007

Hooray for 'Ugly Betty'

This show is currently being shown on Malaysian TV for the 1st time a fortnight ago. I saw the original version (Colombian telenovela) some 5 years back. It was called ‘Yo Soy, Betty La Fea’. I can’t help but make comparisons between the American Betty and the Spanish Betty. The latter is actually a real model with alluring beauty by the name Ana Maria Orozco. They transformed her hideously and you would loathe seeing her face. But Betty has a magical way of making you fond of her despite her shortcomings. The American version of Mr. Mendoza, (Daniel Meade) doesn’t seem to fit the role. But I’ve only seen two episodes so it’s too early to judge him. I’ll have to see how he fares as the story progresses. America Ferrera really is a funny girl, rightly deserves the award she got at the Golden Globes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv