Sunday, February 18, 2007

Count Your Blessings


Have you ever felt envious of others? It’s not a great feeling huh. We see extremely rich people with huge mansions, several luxury cars, go on vacations ... They seemed to have never ending supply of money. They may have earned them through hard work, some maybe through dubious means. Whenever I’d get bitten by the envy disease, I’d turn my thoughts to the less unfortunate (works most of the time). Those who are blind, crippled, homeless, orphaned and even those who are being ostracized by society: - drug addicts, prostitutes, convicts. I believe everything happens for a reason. Sometimes things don’t always happen the way we want them. So, be thankful for whatever you have. Always count your blessings. At times when life seems pointless, do not seek the easy way out like suicide. Remember it wouldn’t even solve your problems.

3 comments:

  1. True.. true. But don't forget sis, out of millions people out there, there are a few others who envy you too! As humans are born to be special in their own way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to know who on earth envies me!:) Yeah, everyone is special in his/her own way. Just like to know what mine are tho...

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv