Thursday, November 15, 2007

One In A Million ~ Season 2

It's back!!! Malaysia's first ever reality singing competition with a whopping prize money of RM1 Million! Don't forget to catch the premiere this Friday, November 16th on 8TV.

After several nationwide auditions, the show begins with the selection of auditions in front of the judges (Syafinaz Selamat and Paul Moss) over the first few weeks of the show. Similar to American Idol's format, you'll see the best, the worst and the most bizarre!! Awal Ashaari and Marion Caunter will be back to host the 2nd season of One In A Million.

I heard that local singer Siti Sarah Raisuddin and Intan Sarafina will be among the contestants. This will be interesting as they're already established singers (just like Dayang Nurfaizah in Season 1) so we'll see how far they'll go. It all depends on the voters...

I find it odd that the Season 1 winner (Suki) hasn't even come up with an album.

Updates

Top 12
  1. Roni ~ eliminated
  2. Rina ~ eliminated
  3. Tiara ~ eliminated
  4. Iz ~ eliminated
  5. Intan Sarafina ~ eliminated
  6. Joni ~ eliminated
  7. Shone (Sabah) ~ eliminated
  8. Mark (Sabah) ~ eliminated
  9. Ab (Sabah) ~ eliminated
  10. Siti Sarah ~ eliminated
  11. Shila ~ Finalist
  12. Ayu ~ WINNER
Just found out in the Malay Mail today (Jan 4th, 2008) that Tiara is Syafinaz's niece... hmmm...

Somebody mentioned the other day that this year's One In A Million should be called None In A Million! I think everyone has really high expectations from the contestants. My pick for the finals ~ Ab, Ayu and Sarah.


Top 5

Top 4

Pictures from Mangga Online

It was heartbreaking to see Ab being eliminated, I was hoping he'd sail through to the finals but it was not meant to be :*( It will be an all-girls show for the finale next week. Based on their performance tonight, I think Shila will be one of the finalists... the other finalist, I am torn between Sarah and Ayu. I don't know, I don't vote so it is all up to the voters!

Top 3

Congratulations to Ayu for winning OIAM2!!!

Just found out that Ayu's dad was my ex-colleague way back in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah (Telekom). Tahniah pakcik Damit!!

Winner OIAM2 ~ Ayu

24 comments:

  1. Cool, I know I'm going to be glued to the TV tomorrow :) What time is it on anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope somebody will put it on youtube.com just like the last time. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. MD - It replaced 'Project Runway M'sia' so it should be at 9.30pm. Happy watching:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann - Oh, I'm sure a lot of people will put it on YouTube... don't worry sis. There are 10 Sabahans in there, hopefully a few will get selected to be finalists. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to this 2nd season...

    Hey, go and claim your award here:-

    True Blue Award

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crystal - Don't forget to watch it tonight ya. Thanks for the 'True Blue' award :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed all the auditions!! Didn't even know they started showing oredi, but I caught the last 10 minutes of the Fri show. Looking forward to OIAM definitely, I love Faizal from last season! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marzie - I love Faizal too:) I'm not really keen on those auditions, can't wait for the finalists to battle it out on stage:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, Faizal was my fave la, and he hangs around my condo a lot!! Dunno if he's actually staying here! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marzie - Oh, lucky you! Get snapping woman and share those photos with us... wouldn't hurt asking for his autograph too... hehehe

    So far I've only seen 2 local celebs... Datuk Rahim Razali and Ning Baizura but I didn't have the nerve to approach them:(

    ReplyDelete
  11. em...my cousin only in the top 40 list...no luck ba....nway, 4 sabahan manage to b in the top 20 list.. ayu, gideon, shown, & mark

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Marmalade! Welcome to Mumblings:) Thanks for the update.

    Your cousin in top 40? That's not bad, try again next year la. I only remember Ayu and Mark. Good luck to them:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. nessa: ur welcome..em..yups, will ask her to try again next time

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marmalade - You also sing kan? Why didn't you attend the auditions? Mana tau sangkut, boleh jadi famous cam Candy:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nessa,
    Thought I want to share this with you. I was looking for more information on One In A Million Season 2 online aside from what 8TV have got to offer on their site. I got into this blog of on of the contestants who apparently is on the top 20. This guys blog is www.borntosingsongs.blogspot.com Any of you guys here remembers him?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello BornToSing! Welcome to Mumblings:)

    Thanks for the heads up. I couldn't get to the site you mentioned. So, I've no idea if I remember him:(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey all,
    I missed OIAM last season. I knew bout this reality show this year. N yeah, I'm glued to the TV for this show.
    So far, i love IZ n im glued to his blog at the moment=p. I LOVE his singing!
    Guys, apparently he is in the Top 12 now!!!
    I find him cute, goodlooking n stylish;)
    I'm so excited to see his next performance!
    Check this guys!Hot stuff!

    imborntosingsongs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Azreen! Welcome to Mumblings :)

    I'm not sure which one is Iz but I'll definitely check his blog.

    Thanks for dropping by, hope to see you here more often :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm sad! AB voted out! I'm really sad! Sighhh, Malaysians got no taste when it comes to spotting a talent. Now I've totally lost interest in the show. I really thot AB would make the finals but that's the way these reality shows work I guess ...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nick - I did get to see him perform live at Summit the other day, he was good :) I hope some recording company 'hires' him. It's not the end. Just not his luck in OIAM2.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats to Ayu, she really wasn't my choice to win but she can sing. Now hopefully, with this win, she can polish up her PR a little cos I think she's a little rough in that aspect.

    Drats, now that OIAM2 is over, just what in heaven's name am I going to watch every Friday? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nick - Yeah, she's clearly the deserving winner. Now, all she needs is one heck of a great manager!

    I'm sure they'll show something, who knows, maybe 'So You Think You Can Dance'. Hey, AF 6 is due in 2 weeks' time, yay! Not too keen on the new host (AC Mizal) but we'll see how things go. Have to give him a chance la. I love the chatty and bubbly Sarimah though :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow..you are very updated mommy..i didn't even know the new host is AC ..aiya don't like him la..ya i prefer sarimah too..

    i watched ayu last nite by accident.was not aware of the grand finale pun..hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  24. Deana - Peminat setia AF bah ni, but not a voter anymore. Insaf oredi after pokai voting during AF2... semua gara2 afundi Linda! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv