Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Amazing Race Asia 3: Episode 1


10 teams race across the globe in an attempt to beat the odds and each other to become the champion and win USD100,000.00 ...

What a thrilling 1st episode!

My heart is still beating fast. I was so scared and anxious coz I didn't want both teams from Malaysia to be eliminated, I think my blood pressure soared throughout the show.

Here's a short recap of the episode.

10 teams started the race. 1st leg - starting point: Bangkok, Thailand

Tasks
  • Eat a big bowl full of fried bugs, maggots, cockroach, frogs, scorpions
  • Wash a tour bus
  • Search for a clue at the Buddhist cemetery (late at night)
Detour
Race (using a Buggy around a course) or Rice (pound until it becomes a paste)

It was great to see a lovely Paula Taylor from season 2 accompanying Allan at the Pit stop.

Pit stop : Ratchaphruek Garden, Chiang Mai
  1. Mai & Oliver (Thailand)
  2. Geoff & Tisha (Philippines)
  3. Bernie & Henry (Malaysia)
  4. Pailin & Natalie (Thailand)
  5. Ida & Tania (Malaysia)
  6. Will & Isaac (South Korea)
  7. Vince & Sam (Hong Kong)
  8. A.D. & Fuzzie (Singapore)
  9. Niroo & Kapil (India)
  10. Neena & Amit (India) - Eliminated!

An interview with the Malaysian Teams (Ida, Tania & Henry) - Read Here

Related post :
TARA 3: Episode 2
.

16 comments:

  1. i knew u would post this up real quick!

    berabis sa kasi tepuk semangat utk si bernie and henry. buli tahan oh durang dua. ketara anak kampung...hentam saja makan bugs. cuci bas pun orait nopo...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had tea just to stay up to watch this! OMG it was exciting! Seriously! I was calling my mum to watch it but when she wanted to ask me question about the teams I ask her to hold it till advertisement XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. alaaaaa.. omg!! I totally forgot!!! LOL! Bila lagi ada repeat tu ah? No wonder I was like thinking there was something that I had to watch! Ini semua gara2 my brother hogging the tv to play his game. Adeiii..

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice episode 1. too bad mai and oliver are not getting along too well. got a more detailed recap on my site by the way if you guys are interested.

    axn site is down every time it's race night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thrilling and exciting EP 1! one of the indian's representatives are out. Down to 9. Let's see how the other are doing. Thai's Mai n Oliver seems to be on a rocky boat huh! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad that Neena & Amit people got eliminated. They were sooooo annoying, especially Neena!

    But I'm rooting for Bernie and Henry. They look like a capable and likeable pair. Hope they go all the way :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this is interesting.I hope i can watch this.Hope malaysia team can win.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ALAMAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I missed it and totally forgot about it!!!!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol ~ How did you ever guess? ;)

    Ya bah, even my sons pun berteriakan excited, bising butul diorang sampai sia balik2 cakap, 'Shhhhh, bising sia tida dingar!!!' LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maslight ~ Tea? Not coffee? 9pm is still early la :)

    Ya bah, I said the same things to my sons, no talking and asking questions till iklan... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shemah ~ Alaaa.. sayangnya ko miss :(

    Tia pa next week ada lagi. The repeats are on Sunday at 11am and at 8pm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Calvin ~ Hi Calvin! Welcome to Mumblings :D

    Yeah, I guess Mai is not used to doing all those strenuous tasks.

    Thanks, will check out your site later :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tekkaus ~ I'm actually relieved the cousins are out, they got on my nerves with their snobbishness. I pity the taxi driver who had to ferry them...

    Yup, Mai and Oliver need to stop bickering and concentrate more on the race.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spiff ~ Oh yeah... they were annoying alright. If I had passengers like them, I also purposely drive slow... haha

    I'm rooting for B&H too :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweetiepie ~ I'll be happy if they make it to the final 3. Winning would be great of course but it's still too early to tell.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rozella ~ Kasiannn... ko pun telupa cam Shemah :( Bah, dia punya repeats is on Sunday at 11am and 8pm.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv