Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Do You Know Your Cities?

Geography was one of my favourite subjects when I was in school (and it still is!). I guess I love reading the unique and lovely names of the many cities in the world. I normally get top marks during tests and exams because I would put a lot more effort in studying Geography compared to the other subjects.

One reason was also because I was smitten with my classmate who was a genius in everything! I thought maybe he would take a teeny weeny bit of interest in me if I could outdo him in one of the subjects (Yeah, I had a scheming mind back then). He excelled in all subjects (he's a doctor now, need I say more?). Of course that made no difference, how could it... most of the girls in school were his admirers. I didn't stand a chance!

Well, I enjoyed taking this quiz and scored 10 out of 10 (Ahem!)... Ok enough bragging!! Would you like to take a shot? It's quite easy actually since most of the cities are major ones. Just click on the globe below and it will direct you to the quiz. Let me know how you did... and don't worry, it won't go into your report card... hehehe...


ps. NO googling allowed! LOL

15 comments:

  1. Well, I got all of them correct too, but I confess I was just guessing on the Nigeria question!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My geography is so bad and it surprised me I got 8 out of 10!!! Man, i love multiple choice questions. You just need luck, thats all ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaya - I had the same problem with Nigeria. Somehow I liked the name Abuja!

    MD - Yup, back in school when I got stuck on tough questions, I'd resort to the "Innie, Minnie, Mynie, Moe" method! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eek! I got 9/10 and it was the Abuja part that failed me! LOL! My heart was telling me "Abuja" but I kinda like the other name. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got 8/10. Not bad for someone who didn't like Geography in school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindy - It's always advisable to stick to the 1st choice:) I know I'll remember Abuja for a long time!

    Ann - You didn't like Geography? I thot it's the easiest subject.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nessa,
    That quiz was fun, nice link.
    I've always been terrible at Geography, and I don't remember us ever studying it at school... maybe I wasn't paying attention.
    I got 9 out of ten for that quiz, surprised myself!
    Obviously my skill at guessing multiple choice has not been lost!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like history, I got score 9 at pass exam but geography bad :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sally - I should have chosen a harder quiz next time, everyone's getting great marks!LOL

    Gadis - Oh I'm not proud of my History. I barely scraped thru!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nessa,
    Lucio from MarketingEasy,
    Thanks for your comment on my blog, and thanks for have updated. I've added you as favorite at Technorati and I'd appreciate if you fave me back.
    About Geo, there's something better than learn on the spot? There's someting better than a trip?
    Nice link though.
    Cheers
    Lucio

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lucio. I have added you in my Technorati fav. as you've requested. Any trip is better than theory, it's just the question of affordability. I haven't even been to all the states in Malaysia, but reading/learning about them is enough for the time being:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nessa! Geography was my least fav subject, in fact I dropped it in Form 4! Sooooo... I'm thrilled to have scored 9/10 ha ha ha...got number 5 wrong ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't know one could drop a subject. Man! If I knew I would've dropped Math & Add Math, Physics, Biology... Gr8 score Mariuca!:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nessa! Of course you can! I dropped Geog for History (which I loved) and also dropped Art (cause I suck at it) for Agama Islam! I think if I had taken Geog for SPM, I would've gotten a P8 and that would've brought down my aggregate like mad! LOL :) :)

    PS. Plus, my Geog teacher, Mrs. Teoh was a real mean biatch! Oooops! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, I didn't know & nobody told me back then:( Oh well... I didn't like History, lucky science streamers didn't have to take it. I took Art though coz I love drawing:)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv