Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Are You Right or Left Brained?

Have you ever wondered which side of your brain controls all your actions? I mean, is the left side of your brain more dominant than the right or is is the other way around? I've always been a little fascinated by this fact. So what I did today, seeing as I was kinda free and all that was to surf the internet for some articles on this and I came across this cool site that lets you take a little test to find out if you're right brain or left brain dominant. Go ahead, try it our and see what it says about your brain :)


Brain Lateralization Test Results
Right Brain (18%) The right hemisphere is the visual, figurative, artistic, and intuitive side of the brain.
Left Brain (74%) The left hemisphere is the logical, articulate, assertive, and practical side of the brain
Are You Right or Left Brained?
personality tests by similarminds.com

Right brain dominant individuals are more visual and intuitive. They are better at summarizing multiple points, picking up on what's not said, visualizing things, and making things up. They can lack attention to detail, directness, organization, and the ability to explain their ideas verbally, leaving them unable to communicate effectively.

Left brain dominant individuals are more orderly, literal, articulate, and to the point. They are good at understanding directions and anything that is explicit and logical. They can have trouble comprehending emotions and abstract concepts, they can feel lost when things are not clear, doubting anything that is not stated and proven.

Overall I appear to be Left Brain Dominant!!


15 comments:

  1. Okay, back. So I'm more right-brain than left, but the percentages are almost the same. I think it's because I'm a practical person who understands the value of giving into random impulses! ;) LOLs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I'm gonna try this test later but I think it'll probably come back and say that I'm a no brainer ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nessa, I'm a left brained dominant person ... phew ... for a moment there I was worried it would say I was brainless ... LOL! And I beat your left brain score by 2% :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... why don't the percentages add up to 100? Yours is 92%. What happened to the other 8? Mine's 46% right, 60% left, which makes me have horns on my head just to make space for extra grey matter. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, Nessa, Cirnelle does have a point. my stats don't add up to 100% too ... mine's a little short too, maybe they can't locate that part of my brain ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wander which side I use??He! He! Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joanne - Hey! You get the best of both sides of the brain!! Lucky you:))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nick, brainless?? LOL

    For Spiff, I woudn't be surprised though... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cirnelle - The site explained: *results won't usually add up to 100% as this test measures each side separately*

    My "horns" are probably shorter than yours! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Horny Ang Moh - My guess is more right brained, am I right?:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i guess mine will be.. hmmm i better test it just to be sure. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a right brainer! Woot! :P (I am very bad with direction too...)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cindy, I knew you're a right brainer... make-up artist mesti la artistic!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv