Friday, November 16, 2007

Sayonara...

Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere:). I'm saying my goodbyes to the local one-sen (cent) coin. Come April 1, it will be worthless but it will still be legal tender even after that date (?? ... confused). I hope this is no April Fool prank...

Gosh! What am I gonna do with my one-sen coins in my piggy bank? I'm actually a loyal user of these coins. I always pay my bills according to the figure, no rounding up the amount for me. But I hate seeing price tags that end with the .99, for example 1.99, 10.99 etc. Just round up the amount for Pete's sake! Hmmm... who the heck is Pete anyway? Couldn't they use Tom, Dick or Harry?? OK, enough with the silly jokes ;P

I won't be missing the one-sen coin... in fact I've seen some of them hiding all over the house, under the couch, the closet, sometimes I see it on the street and I don't even bother to pick it up. It's a different story la if it's a RM100 note! Hehehe... Which reminds me of the story I read a few days ago. This lady returned 1,500 pounds (RM10,530) cash she found at the airport to its rightful owner. I am glad there are still honest people around:). Hmmm, someone still owes me money, bought jewelry from me and never pay... #*%$^@!!! Oh Well, I've forgiven that person but I will never forget...

Back to the one-sen coin story... I'll probably keep a few for my grandchildren to see.

'See kids, this is Malaysia's one-sen coin'....

And they would probably say, 'Wah.. granny, kewl'... and return to playing video games or something! Sighhh...

10 comments:

  1. --------------------------
    °°°°°°°°°°°°|\ I
    °°°°°°°°°°°°|_\
    °°°°°°°°°°°°|__\
    °°°°°°°°°°°°|___\
    °°°°°°°°°°°°|____\
    °°°°° °°°°°°°|_____\
    °°°°°°°°°°°°|______\
    °°°°°°______|_______________
    ~~~~\ ____________________/~~~~
    ,.-~*´¨¯¨`*•~-.¸,.-~*´¨¯¨`*•~-.¸,.-~*´¨¯¨`*•~-.¸,.-~* ¯´¨ ¨`*•~-.¸.. ....



    __________________________________________
    http://huracandepalabras.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It's a sailboat! Nice... thanks Maria:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I have tons of those one cent coins lying around everywhere in my car ... what am I going to do with all of it? Can I return the damn things to Bank Negara Malaysia?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find them incredibly useful for paying. Like you, I must also give exact change. I wonder what life's gonna be like without the copper shilling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MD - Actually you can still use them, it's just that the Govt. won't be producing those coins anymore:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ratu Syura - Life would be lighter... for our purses! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Nessa. I totally agree, seeing tags with .99 is a big joke lol......
    I'm glad to hear there are still honest people around :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ivy! Glad to see you here:)

    Yeah, she definitely set a fine example:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. what happen to the one cent again? Im sorry im so out of this latest news. I got a lot of them. everywhere. Even my son don't like them. I keep them for paying the parking fee though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wah, PapaJoneh in the house! :D

    The one sen will be discontinued next year, April 1st (ngam2 April Fool lagi tu). But can still use la if you want to pay using one sen coins.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv