Monday, March 10, 2008

My Kitchen Dreams

I went shopping the other day, well window shopping really cos I didn't actually buy anything. I was bored sitting at home doing nothing all day so I decided to head out to this furniture mall not too far away from my place. I actually love browsing through these furniture malls cos they sometimes give you loads of ideas for home decoration.

While walking around, I came to the kitchen section and I was I fell in love with this particular kitchen cabinet set. They had loads of Kitchen Cabinets on offer but this one caught my eye instantly. Back in my home town, I don't really have a proper Kitchen. It's just this two burner stove on a table with some Cabinets to keep the pots and pans and that's about it. I've always dreamed of having my own kitchen area with built in cabinets and all the works thrown in just like the ones you see on TV with a kitchen island and all that.

Unfortunately I'm only renting the current place I'm living at and it would really not be very practical to buy built-in cabinets and all that. Who knows, I might shift to a better place one day and it would be a great hassle having to remove all the cabinets. That's the problem with renting a house, you really don't feel like doing to much to it cos the place doesn't really belong to you. It would just seem such a waste if you had to move. Maybe one day when I can finally afford to buy my own place, I'll definitely make the kitchen the way I want it to be.

12 comments:

  1. I'd like to redo my kitchen. My kitchen isn't big enough to put an island in it but it does have cabinets that I'd like to get rid of. The only problem is that the current cabinets match the woodwork throughout my house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..nice kitchen link oh..I wish to have a new kitchen too one day..I can�t wait to terminate the service of my old kitchen macam mau falling apart sudah and leaking here and there..grrr...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to redo my kitchen too. I like that island in the middle of the kitchen idea :D Now if only I had a big enough house to do all that ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    You have a very nice blog here!

    Please join BlogMalaysia.com to submit your blog URL to our directory. BlogMalaysia.com is a free bloggers directory for all Malaysia bloggers! Yes, it is Free!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love beatiful kitchen also eventhough i seldom cook

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think they look great! However, if you decide to revamp your kitchen when you get bored after 10 years or so, it'll cost a fortune to take it all out.

    Trust me, I'm trying to revamp my bedroom but no can do. From the cupboards to the study table to the bookshelves, vanity table.. they're all built in. Now I can't shuffle the furniture around. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Domestic Divapalooza! Cool name :) Thanks for dropping by and leaving your comment.

    I'd like to put kitchen cabinets one day. The full works. I drool every time I see those display sets. Right now, I can only dream...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luthie - Yeah, I hate leaks too. Lebih2 lagi kalu tersumbat. I wish I had the sinks with those food traps (basket) in it. Will definitely solve the blockage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. MD - Don't we all love islands! :D Those are really neat to have, plenty of storage and work area. But bl**dy expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi BlogMalaysia! Thank you for the compliment :) And thanks for the invitation, will check it out later ya.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hazel - I love cooking! It would be nice to have a complete kitchen. That's my dream... then I'd cook nonstop! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shemah - I'd pick white for my cabinets. If I need to revamp, I'll just change the knobs and maybe the wooden doors to the glass ones.

    I'm the type who loves to move things in my room. Lucky I don't have much furniture since I'm renting. I'm not too keen on built-ins... coz like you said, can't shuffle them around :(

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv