Thursday, April 24, 2008

What I'm Reading ~ Twice Upon A Wedding

I chanced upon this book during a sale at a bookstore. I was kinda pressed for time, I didn't even read what the story was about. The cover was enough to make me buy it! I wasn't disappointed when I did get to read it a couple of weeks ago :)

Jean Stone ran her own award-winning advertising agency for 15 years before becoming a full-time writer!

Synopsis

Four best friends, one risky business, and a chance to say 'I do' one more time...

With their fledgling business 'Second Chances' facing its first big break, four best friends turned wedding consultants face second chances and challenges of their own.

For always practical, always predictable Elaine, it's a time for a total makeover... but is the new 'dream her' really her? For Lily, the free-spirited, free-spending sprite, it was the chance to find one things missing from her life that not even money could buy.

And while Sarah, the self-reliant artist, faces a crisis that proves just how much she needs her friends, ex-publicist Jo is tantalizingly closer to true love than she can ever possibly imagine. Ex-husbands, computer dating, teenage kids - the world's much different than when they first said 'I do', but one thing's the same : they're all hoping their second chance will be a charm.


Other reads
The Kept Woman
The Forever Summer
Frenemies
Can You Keep A Secret?
Mayday!
Murder In The House
The Patient

4 comments:

  1. I would have never bought a book I wasn't sure about. The books I buy I normally do research first ... hehehe ... but hey, good for you that the book was interesting in the end :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mat Dingo - Yeah, lucky for me that the book turned out great. Even if it was lousy, I guess I won't feel so bad coz I got it real cheap @RM5 only!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so many books you read! I've got a book (Life of Pi) from my birthday last year that I didn't have a chance to finished yet, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emila - I try to read at least one book a month. I wish I could go to the library, coz it's free and you get loads of books to choose from. But I prefer to read in the comforts of home, baring kat tilam and drink Milo with some biskut... hehe

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv