Friday, May 2, 2008

Missing My Sunny...

No, I'm not referring to my sons... I'm talking about my dad's Datsun station wagon. Why am I missing it? Well, dad has sold the car, it was just a used car, but I've grown attached to it as it was our very first car.

I remember when we first had it, my younger sis and me would eagerly wait for dad to start the engine and we'd dash to the car coz we know he'd be going out. We'd sulk all day if we didn't get to follow... hehehe. I was 11 and my sis was about 9 years old at that time :) Sounds just like my kids today, the moment I step out of the house, they'd be all excited and ask me where I'm going.

Now, back to dad's old car, let's call him Sunny :) Being an old car, Sunny is actually reliable. Yeah, once in a while he acts up, just minor stuff that needs to be changed every now and then. What I like about Sunny is that he's tough. I believe old cars are made tougher, unlike new cars todays. I once rammed Sunny into a Rambutan tree while reversing, his body was intact except for some little scratches which can be erased with just a little polishing. I never told my dad, Sunny was still in great shape so I didn't see any reason to tell him... hehehe

The only drawback about Sunny is that he emits a loud and annoying 'Teet, teet, teet" sound when reversing. I know it's a good warning for anyone stupid enough to stand behind a reversing car but it does get unwanted attention whenever you're trying to make one of those silent exits, coz you're surrounded by new and posh cars with no other used cars in sight! My face didn't need blushers whenever that happened! LOL


16 comments:

  1. HAHAAHAH, my dad used to drive a jeep provided to him by the company where he used to work too. Every morning, he'll fetch me to school in that jeep and that loud annoying TEET TEET TEET sound would wake the the neighbors up! LOL!!

    But yeah, first car is always the cherished one. I miss our first car too, a small Toyota Corolla car where my brother and I used to hop on for the day's joyride with our parents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like a first car. My first car was this silver little first generation Honda Civic which I aptly named Silver. And I used to talk to it like it was a real person ... LOL!

    And the amount I spent on doing that car up, that I was sad the day I sold good old silver. I wonder if it's still on the road?

    oh and Nissan Sunny's are incredibly resilient cars ... hehehe ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also got Datsun car. Paling berjasa la dia tu before I even went to Kindergarten. I used to watch my dad sent my sis and bro. to school using that car. Warna pun banyak kali ganti2 sudah. Now, masih ada itu kerita, but kesian, mati2 seja di tengah jalan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing like a first anything huh? Especially if ada banyak good memories... Sigh. What to do? I guess things come and things go, but memories stay forever. Hope your not feeling too down about it :) Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ya bah..those reverse sensor can be so annoying kan? Tet,tet,tet! Worse if you are on the phone,sure sakit telinga the caller that.:P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can totally understand the love of a car. Even WAJA252 is like my own and will always handle it with lotsa TLC. I baru hantar her for repair. Cannot see her injured like that.. So sad! :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. *chuckles*

    I remember when I was about 12 or 13, when my dad decided to paint our Toyota (I don't know what the model is, but people call it the "ninja") a pukey green. Ugh, I wanted to die. But then I found out why. So people could recognize it easily, and whenever one of us went out at night, he'd have his spies tell us that "Oh, hey we saw your car over at (insert date and time)". Clever, my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cindy - I remember Toyota Corolla, nice car walaupun kicik :D I haven't seen one lately... suda extinct mangkali kan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nick - Silver, huh? Hehe Reminds me of that horse in that western series :) Cars in the 60's and 70's are reali tough... remember that jeep, what's it called? Urmmm.. oh ya, the Land Rover. Built like an armored car!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crystal - Mo kana tukar bateri mangkali tu :) I like old cars, sebab body dia tagap, tahan tukul bah... hehe. Skrang kebanyakan cam tin sardin ja, senang kemek kan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahahaha.. alot of cars had that TEET TEET TEET sound.. habis lah if you want to curi the car from ur parents at night. It will sound impossibly louder, wouldn't it?? LOL!

    Ehem... not that I would know. I never did such a thing. I was and still am a very good girl. hahaha.. (I can sense a number of people rolling their eyes). Bug off! I am! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rozella - Yeah, we always remember our 'firsts' :) I feel kinda sad coz I don't have any car to drive when I go back... well, my dad has one but it's real old too, and it'll take time for me to get use to driving it. I wish we still have Sunny...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Emelda - If it was softer I don't reali mind bah, but it's damn loud. Like announcing to the world that this old car is reversing, everybody look!! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Syura - Cars are like humans too, kalau sakit misti hantar 'hospital' if not kejap ja kondem tu... hehe. Cian your WAJA252, siapa la yang gatal tangan kasi rusak dia punya side mirror tu ah...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haizum - Wui, I love those 'Ninjas'. Your dad is a real genius :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shemah - Ya bah, memang inda jadi mo escape! LOL

    I pernah escape once (yeah, I'm no Angel) but didn't use the car, for sure kena tangkap... hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv