Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ring, Ring, Telephone Ring ...

My cell has been ringing non-stop today (I've put it on vibrate mode coz the incessant ringing is driving me crazy). I suppose I could answer it but I have this habit of not answering calls that I'm not familiar with. I have on a few occasions answered these calls and they turned out to be nuisance calls. Once bitten twice shy they say... hehehe

I also don't give my number out to just any Tom, Dick or Harry so when I get calls on my cell from god knows who I tend to ignore them. I mean, if it's important they could just leave me a voice message and I could call them back, right? But the thing is sometimes, these unknown callers will wait until they hear the beep to leave a message and then hang up... perhaps they love listening to my voicemail!

But sometimes I do wish I could find out just Who Called Me. Who knows they could be someone informing me I won a million bucks or something! Maybe they're just some telemarketers trying to get me to buy some useless product that I could do without, god knows how many calls I've received from these people who just don't know the meaning of "no, I'm not interested!" It would be great to put people like these on my no call list so that they'll be barred from even calling me to begin with.

At least that way I could screen my calls and separate the real genuine callers from the useless bunch of crank calls out there. As it is I already play secretary answering calls from my younger son's classmates. I could do with lesser of these so called unknown numbers appearing on my caller ID.

8 comments:

  1. What if the call was to inform you that you win a "car" from a lucky draw... nah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Nessa, the amount of times I've never answered my phone calls because of unknown numbers, I could be a millionaire ten times over for all I know ... LOL!

    For me if you're not in my phone book list, then you're not anyone I wanna talk to ... hehehe ...

    Oh and I also hate those callers who will wait until they hear the beep of the voice mail and then hang up. What is wrong with them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Queen Bee ~ Macam mana mau manang kereta kalau tikit pun inda pernah bili?? Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nick ~ I don't know how I survived without the caller ID back then...

    Oh tell me about it, I'd get messages saying I've several voicemail, all I hear is the phone being slammed. Cilaka... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah!! If it's really urgent, then just leave a message dammit! Why must call non stop right? He he... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marzie ~ True. Especially if you've never called that person, at least introduce yourself by sending an SMS. Perhaps they don't understand the meaning of privacy. Otak tak cukup grey matter I suppose... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess I am one of those unknown caller, sis! BUt no worries, next time I will leave a message saying that you won a million dollar! LOL

    Hope to catch up with you this Sunday... long time no chat right? I've got tons of things to share with you but tulah, always cannot get thru! Alrighty... take care. *muah*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ann ~ Haha! That would surely get my 'attention'! Thanks for calling last night... panas juga telinga sia coz we talked for more than 1 hour. Bukan apa, I was charging my HP and it always gets hot whenever I charged it. Time to get a new HP... tunggu sia kaya dulu! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv