Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Sporting Carnival

I hate having to wake up early, especially on a Sunday. And this Sunday, well today actually, I had to wake at 6.30am and in turn wake up my younger boy. Today was his school sports day. I wonder whose smart idea it was to have the sports day fall on a Sunday. Don't they know I need my precious sleep ins on Sundays??!

Well, I couldn't have slept in even if I wanted to. My younger boy kept reminding me all day yesterday to make sure I wake him up today. And he would have caused world war 3 if I forgot! And so, I had to force myself up from my wonderful slumber and wake him up and then get us all ready to attend his sports day which was held at the nearby municipal stadium. Besides he was taking part in one of the events called Baling Angkasawan (Astronaut throw??) LOL

I was expecting another boring sports event, especially after the really lacklustre one that was organized by my elder boy's school last month. But I must say I came away pretty impressed with this one. They had performances, tents, a decent march past, releasing of balloons, in fact it practically had a carnival feel to it, with the kids running every which way. Now, that's what I would call a sports day :D It brought me back to the time of my sports day. I don't have a single complain about my son's sports day except for the really screechy speaker right behind me, annoying I tell you!

All the kids had a great time participating in their respective events. Even my boy had a blast although they missed out on a bronze medal by the skin of their teeth. My son was a little moody that he didn't win this time round. He has won a medal for his previous year's event but then there's always next year I told him. The event was actually still going on when we left as it was getting a wee bit too hot out there so we decided to head for lunch before heading home. I'm totally drained from just sitting there and roasting in the sun already but I couldn't resist a quick post before I take a much needed rest :)

Right now, I could do with a nice vacation in some nice cold European country, put up my feet and enjoy some of the wondrous attractions they have such as the beauty of the Seine river in Paris, the Louvre museum that first captivated me from the Da Vinci Code movie or maybe even hop on to Manchester and see if I could bump into Cristiano Ronaldo at Old Trafford Stadium... LOL! But first of all, I'd probably need to find some decent and cheap Paris Hotels, London Hotels, Birmingham Hotels or even Manchester Hotels before I can even dream of going.
Wait a minute, getting up early must have fried my brain. I can't afford going to any of those places, at least not in this lifetime... well, except in my dreams or unless there's a generous and kind hearted sponsor out there ;P

28 comments:

  1. Uhu! Gymrama! *laughs* I always managed to escape from that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sports carnival looks colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun but I agree on the getting up early on Sunday thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunday morning? Haven't these people heard of Sunday's being a sleep in day? LOL! I'd have been absolutely moody if I had to wake up at 6.30am on a Sunday! But it sure does look like a carnival they have going there :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This looks fun! I haven't been to one for quite sometimes! You really need a good rest, Nessa! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..looks merrier bah Nessa, luckily u managed to pull yourself from the bed hehe...sunday was busy for us too, not sport but communion. Hey isn´t that nice to be able to see your son participating in Sport? Klu sia tu sudah sia lari sana sini snapping photos hehe...mamarazzi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowww! That looks like absolute fun! i love attending sports days.. IF ONLY it weren't so hot!

    But since they took away your Sunday, did they replace it with a Monday? Our school used to do that.. thank goodness! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh..the 2nd last pic of ur son and friends...mcm gambar toun tolivot oh. very nice.

    school sports on sunday? my school would really go against anything done on weekends..Saturday included. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yalah, now that I noticed! Sport on Sunday? It againts my religion kabo haha..just kidding!. But Sunday supposed to be a rest day kan, why not on Saturday? Opps! I caught your boy in the picture. Mcam muka kau kan? Ensem!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello nessa, how are you? please do tag me in your future posts... thanks buddy hope your doing great out there...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ndak dapat pegi vacation pun, hope this helpss... Awards!! Hehe...

    http://ratusyura.blogspot.com/2008/05/awards-extravaganza.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Luckily sport days are over for me, ndak tahan panas sekarang. But Nessa, if I have lots of money I would like to spend my vacation in the Cool English Land the whole December. I want to see how they do their Christmas shopping, how they spent Christmas in winter and how they celebrate the New Year Eve... Dream..dream..dream..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi... I love to exchange links with you. Please check out my blog and tell me if you are interested. Just leave me a message. Thanks.

    Petite ;0

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haizum - I was in Gymrama (back then we call Kelab Tarian & Nyanyian) for the school sports day for 3 consecutive years. We used 'pom poms' instead of ribbons and clubs.

    It was fun, I remember the first time I tried to do the Cha-Cha, it was hilarious coz I was so stiff! I'm glad to say I still know my Cha-Cha. Ya bah, org tua suda, I can't hip hop nor krumps or watever you call those dances nowadays! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dora - Yeah, they're all dressed according to their house colors ~ Green, Red, Yellow, Blue & Purple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Health Nut Wannabee Mom! Welcome to Mumblings :) My brain is programmed to laze around on Sundays! LOL

    Thanks for dropping by, hope you'll be back soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nick - Well, I'm glad it's over & done with. No more sports days till next year... hopefully they'll have it on Saturdays instead.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Emila - It won't be long before Yassin goes to primary school and you'd have to attend his sports day. Eh, your son still kat Kindergarten ke? Sori la, I ni pelupa sikit... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  19. Luthie - Memang meriah, ko tau la kalu ramai budak2 berkumpul kan :) I took a video of him in that 'Baling Angkasawan' game, not too clear la coz my camera low class... hehe. Panas bah tu hari, sia mcm mo pengsan seja. I think sia kana sunburn also :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shemah - It was sunny and hot, hot, hot, but that's way better than rain kan :) Oh ya, the Principal gave the next day off... to the delight of students and teachers, and parents as well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Carol - Haha... ya bah kan. Sia pun inda tau tiba2 ja dia taruh tangan dia di dada, begaya la konon! Dia punya kawan punya specs pun macam dulu2 punya stail kan :)

    Sports day on Saturday is OK with me. Sunday is officially my rest day, sebab Saturday is laundry day, cuci sekolah kasut day, spring cleaning day... it's never ending!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Luthie - Itu la, harap2 next year it'll be held on a Saturday. Had to miss their Sunday school gara2 sports day. Inda pa ba, bukan slalu juga kan.

    Huh, muka sia ensem ka?? LOL Just kidding. Bah, terima kaseeeeeeh!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Juler! Welcome to Mumblings :)

    You're the only person I know who asks to be tagged, I'm impressed. Normally other people will cringe if they see their name being tagged! Well, I don't see any problem with that, I'll gladly tag you next time ya :)

    Thanks for dropping by, hope to see you around more often. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Syura - Yay awards!!! My vacation can wait then... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  25. Queen Bee - Me too, Europe is definitely my dream vacation :) Mau main snow sampai kaki, tangan jadi karas! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Petite! Welcome to Mumblings :)

    Thanks for dropping by, hope to see you around more often. I'll hop to your blog later ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hola Nessa! You've been tagged! Have fun and have a great weekend. :)
    http://mariuca.blogspot.com/2008/05/stumble-upon-meme.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. Marzie - Sori I missed this one. But I've read that post already. I need to 'belajar' lagi on StumbleUpon. Thanks for the tag anyway :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv