Friday, June 6, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance Malaysia (Season 2)

Image from gua.com.my

The much awaited 2nd season of the Reality dance show, So You Think You Can Dance Malaysia is back! The top 20 finalists (now 18) will have to dance their way through a rigorous competition format where they are assigned at random, different partners and dance styles each week to test their versatility.

Based on their performances last night, I think we're in for a real treat. The contestants this time around are a talented bunch. There are 3 Sabahans in the fray. They are Ray, Sly and Sarah.

2 contestants (male & female) with the lowest SMS votes were eliminated last night. The judges picked 4 weakest performing dancers and each got a chance to perform solo as his/her 'dance of survival'. The bottom 4 were Billy, Vivian, Hanafi and Zen. It was heartbreaking for Vivian and Billy being the first 2 dancers being kicked out of the competition but someone has to go.

Based on their performances last night, I pick Cecilia and Ray for best performance. They were hot and danced well together. Cecilia has a likable face and a bubbly personality. Other dancers whom I think will shine are Black, Hong, Zulfarkar @ Belalang, Fairul and Samantha. The guys are really good this time around. Will we have another guy winning this time? Only time will tell...

We have Ramli Ibrahim, Judimar Hernadez and Pat Ibrahim back as the judges and this season's new host is Aishah Sinclair. Don't forget to tune in to 8TV at 9.30pm every Thursday for the live show.

19 comments:

  1. Yay, SYTYCD season 2 is back. Finally something good on TV again :D

    Yes, this time round, the contestants are all much better. I suppose the expectations are also higher.

    So far i don't have a fav just yet but I'm keeping my eye on that Black fellow ... I'll let you know in a week or two who my favorite will be :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya ba..since american idol and af ends i dunno what to watch..ok i remember the time and day thanks..i hope i can remember coz i seldom wathc tv nowadays

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Ray ada!! He used to be my cikgu tarian! Haha.. Well, not cikgu la.. more like coach! Yeah, that's the word.. Now, I REALLY gotta watch this!!

    I didn't even watch the first season! I should really remember to watch this! Slalu lupa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nessa! That's me you picked.*hee* same name ja... I didn't know it has started.. what time ya, mau jaga masa ni. Boring lah now, no AF & AI.. apalagi when i could not surf.. celcom pun selalu hampakan me; very weak connection, rugi me bayar RM68/mth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed it last Thursday as I watched tennis matches (French Open) but will go for it next week when the matches are over. hehehe...Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Viv did join the first session juga kan? But im not sure if she made it up to the top 20.Didn't watched it :D
    She's one of the instructor who is teaching for Yfitness. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nick ~ Indeed, 2nd season should be have more oomph right :)

    Black dances well, very energetic. He looks like an Ah Long though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deana ~ Tulah bah, semua pun finish at the same time... boringnya the nights. Watch Astro movies, balik2 ulangan seja :(

    Bah, jan lupa this Thursday at 9.30pm ... only on 8TV. Promosi... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Syura ~ Wah, he's your cikgu tarian, bestnya! If he doesn't get eliminated and he continues to dance well, sure femes dia nanti kan :)

    Bah jan lupa this Thursday ah... best tau :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Queen Bee ~ Oh ya, same name pulak! :D

    Setiap hari Khamis aka Thursday, pukul 9.30pm di 8TV. Jan lupa tau. Kasi tulis dalam diary :)

    Aisey, ruginya bayar tapi inda dpt surf pun. Sian ko :( Teda lain servis provider ka?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dora ~ Wah, you must be a tennis fan ya. I like Roger Federer... but I'm not reali into tennis.

    Thanks :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Emelda ~ Yup, I think she did but didn't get to Top 20. Is she a former gymnast? Coz she looks (the physique) like one except that she's big boned. Tiada rezeki la dia di SYTYCD2, but at least she got some exposure :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rozella ~ Ya bah... Aramai Tie!!! Gooooo Sabah!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nessa, I caught last week's GS...sigh...no group has yet to impress me la, still waiting patiently for some excitement! Oh but I do love my Faizal, did he just go for a rebonding session or what? Straight gila rambut! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh and btw, what does Aramai Tie mean la? I hear it all the time masa AF!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marzie ~ Is it your 1st time watching the show? I started from the auditions, so far I fancy 2 groups (Paragon Child and One Nation Emcees). Last week was a bore cos of the theme. Hope they'll step up next week :)

    'Aramai Tie' is a description of a happy or merry situation esp. where there are gatherings of people eg. parties, concerts, celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  17. No la dear, I watched 3 times oredi! But this is the first year I'm actually watching GS. That one also cause of ur recommendation he he! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Marzie ~ Wah, not bad also my recommendation ya... hehe. Don't forget to have a date with 'So You Think You Can Dance 2' tonight. I'm anxious to see their performance.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv