Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Trim And Slim... Not Me, The TV!

I was at Sunway Pyramid a couple of days back waiting to meet up a friend for some drinks. I happened to be there a little early so I decided to walk around Jusco for a bit since I had some time to spare. I kinda love Jusco, especially the household section where they sell all those ovens, fridges, cookers, TV's and stuff like that.

And I happen to notice that these days the TV's seem to be getting smaller, thinner and extremely high definition. I saw this nice, sleek lcd tv that was so flat you'd think it was just a poster on a wall. Gosh, I was impressed and I normally am not impressed by stuff like these.

I remember back when I was a kid, the TV we had was this huge cabinet unit with dials for channels and knobs for the volume and color contrast. And even then, it was a black and white TV so the contrast worked only two ways, lighter and darker... hehehe. I can still remember it clearly. It had this sliding door that you could close after watching. It really looked like a cabinet cos it was so huge and bulky.

The TV's I see these days are so high definition and sharp that sometimes the pictures look better than real life! How I wish I could afford to own one of them... who knows, maybe one day :) But by then, we'd probably have holographic TV's instead. Now, that would be awesome!

4 comments:

  1. I had one of those huge cabinet TVs with the sliding door too ... I can remember the first time we got it. It was high tech man ... hehehe ... And even when we replaced it later, it still came to good use, the cabinet that is. We stripped the insides out and made use of the cabinet and its sliding door as a storage space ... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick ~ I think my dad sold it to a relative. Wow, cool idea! Why didn't we think of that??

    I remember the doors can be locked too ya. Good to deter kids from watching too much TV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah is still remember dem.. both side of my grandparents both had it.. i remember playing with those small little buttons.. teehee~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angie ~ So, do you still have those TV's? I wish we had kept our old TV. It's nice having something 'antique' and reminds you of your childhood ya :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv