Friday, August 29, 2008

Boothylicious!

I used to be involved in setting up Trade Show Display Booth when I was working for a telecommunications company many years back, 17 years ago to be precise. Whoa, I didn't realize it was that long ago :D I must be a dinosaur to some of you young people! LOL!

Anyway, back then setting up Trade Show Displays was so old school, we had to prepare everything from scratch. And it really wasn't easy at all. I remember having to sew together a few pieces of cloth (to be used as table skirting) at the last minute. Our must haves tools consisted of duct tape, staplers, scissors and whatnots.

Even the display boards were actually notice boards we borrowed from the office as those days the easy-to-assemble magnetic type of display stands that you have now were not even invented yet! Setting up was really a pain in the rear as was the disassembling process, something I never looked forward to.

Fast forward 10 years later, everything can be set up in a matter of minutes and all by yourself. I won't be surprised if Trade Show Display Booths run by themselves in the future! All we would need to do is just sit there, smile and look pretty :D
.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! And I thought this was some nice juicy posting with a title like Boothylicious ... trade show display booths pulak! Hahaha ...

    Interesting title by the way. Next time post la something juicier ... hehehe ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mat Dingo ~ That's the whole idea... just to lure you men out there. I hope you weren't too disappointed. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv