Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Domestic Goddess

I used to be really lazy when it came to cleaning or anything related to it. I was just the cincai (aloof) kind of person and I'd get an earful from my mom and grandma. They say a lazy girl would end up getting a lousy husband... hmmm...

Well, that was when I was a teenager. Now, with a family of my own, I have changed a lot... not just waist wise but my perception of life. You tend to put your kids first before anything else. Having kids has definitely made me realize how much my mom sacrificed to bring us up.

She wasn't educated but she made sure everything was provided for us. She made kueh (cakes) to sell at church every Sunday, tailored clothes even made home-made liquor, more towards moonshine (hehehe) to help my dad put us all to school. Being a kid, I never really thought much of it.

Now, with 2 school going kids, I wake up early everyday while practically the whole neighborhood is still asleep, well, maybe their maids are up la. It was such a drag when my son attended Kindergarten several years ago and I really had to make an effort to make his breakfast, made sure he goes to school on time by leaving to school way before the jam starts and I haven't even put on my make-up. As time progresses, it became a routine and what used to be a drag became something I enjoy.

So for this tag, Household Chores I Hate, which I became the victim by both Shemah and Marzie, I really had to think hard (cos I actually enjoy doing my house chores!). I know, I must be weird... hehe.

I don't enjoy folding the clothes after they're washed and dried. If they can invent a washing machine, why not a folding machine??? Or do they have a folding machine already and no one told me about it! Next chore that is really a chore (pun intended) would be dusting. Dust is so fine, after you clean them, they'll be back in a matter of minutes so it's an annoying chore. Finally, re-washing dishes (already cleaned by others but still has grease on them).

Now for my victims... I'd like to hear your most hated household chores. I tag :-

Here are the rules:
  1. List down the household chores you hate and why. Do you think you can survive without helpers and nannies?
  2. Copy the image.
  3. Tag as many girlfriends you want, the daddies and hubbies can also join.
  4. Add your blog’s link in the domesticated divas linky love. You can add all your blogs.
  5. Leave a comment at Stripe and Yellow to be added to the masterlist.

DOMESTICATED DIVAS: Living the Healthy Life / Stripe&Yellow / Vanity Kit / Mind Bubbles / Something Purple / Em's Detour / Deviously Creative / Doll Me Up / Me,Myself+2 / Kidd Designs / FunFierceFabulous / Ozzy's Mom / Insights from the Grocery Cart / Living A' La Mode / God's Best Gift / MommyAllehs Up-Close And Personal / My Precious Niche / Just Me.. Eds / Eds Mommy Life / Aggie Shoots Aggie Scraps / All Kinds of Me Stuff / The Salad Caper / Winding Creek Circle / InkBabyStudios / Joys in Life / Me and Mine / Little Peanut / Creative in Me/ Pea in a Pod / Sugarmagnolias / Notable Bistro / Around the World / I am Mommy / All About The Memories / Enchanted Play / In Depth / A Housewife's Journal / Life Together Starts / As We Face Forever / My Happy Place /Iam Dzoi / Suburban Sass / To the Moon and Back / Raising Sandy / Walk on Red / All Things Me / Because Life Is Fun / Feels Like Home / Growing up with Bea / My life... my own piece of heaven / Around the World / Hobbies and Such / My life in this Wonderful World /My Online World / / My Virtual Closet / My Views On My So Called Life / The Real Deal The Real Me / Changing Lanes/ Pit Stop/ Around the World / The Fountain Of Happiness / The Joy Of Life Forever / Love Is / Phtographic Memories / My Colorful World / Strawberry Gurl / Quicker8 / Mommy's Little Corner / The Dawn That Shines / Journey to Prosperity / Homelife / Sheng's Simple Thoughts / Coriander Dreams / Gorgeous Traveller / A Traveller's Domain / Lemon Iced Tea / It's My Party / My Wonderful Life / Simple Life, Simply Me / Sassy Finds / All things Yummy / Shangrila Journey / My Charmed Life / Mommyhood and Me / Crissy's Zone / Crissy's Library / Vis Vires /Crissy's Haven / My Daily Thoughts / Abby's Way of Life / Princess Bela / Women Xplore / Our Journey to Life / My Planet Purple / And so I am / Arlene's Random Ramblings / Life's All About / Lourdes' Mia / Faery Dancing / Me, the islands and the world / Pinay heart wanderings and musings / Juls Random Thots / In The Spirit of Dance / Princess Vien / Quicker8 / Anything and Everything in Between / Designs By Vhiel / Vhiel's Corner / Can of Thoughts / A Mother's Stuff / housewifeatwork / Kuting’s Place / My Daily Thoughts / Pinay heart wanderings and musings / Watchamacallit! / Nellypie's Chatterbox/ Purpled Sky / Almanac Queen / Caramel Corn / Sunny Side Up Foodie / Mamakshop / Alamakoioi / JoZe's Crap / My Sweet Escape / Our Little Princess Gwen / Chen Xi and Mama's Blog / A Kiss Of An Angel / Modern Life Today / Anything Goes! / Her Name is N.O.Y. / Mariuca's Perfume Gallery/All About Kawaii / One Hundred and Eighty Degrees / Me, Myself and I / Mixed Cultures Mama's Blog / Apples of The Eyes/ Perfect Gift From Above / Her Name is N.O.Y. / / Irresistible Fascinations / The Treasure Chest / Complex Life / periphrastic-prolix / Chen Xi and Mama's Blog / A Muse Man / restnrileks / laketrees / Little Prince / Writing 50% in jest / Designated Hermitage / Mixed Cultures Mama’s Blog/ Cicak Berbunyi / Mumblings / YOUR BLOG HERE

~~~END COPY~~~


.

20 comments:

  1. Yes. Mum is the greatest in the world a children could have. Mum risk their life to bring us into this world. And since the day she conceived us, she has never stop devoting herself to us! At times the ungrateful-us, forget her sacrifices as a mom and as a wife! To everyone who read this: cherish and treasure your mum. Because she's the only one who REALLY, REALLY care for you!

    p.s.: Do watch Money Not Enough 2 by Jack Neo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you do find out about that folding machine, please let me know. I hate folding clothes too ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nessa.. Thanks for the tag... I already posted this tag earlier in my blog. What I hate about household chores is throwing out the garbage.. I really dont like it. Thanks anyway for visiting my site. See u around often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh...now that u mentioned about re-washing the dishes...ya, sia pun gerigitan tu kalu terpigang plates or glasses yg masih ada minyak2. Sudahlah geli psl ada minyak, then meradang lagi cos have to cuci balik.

    ReplyDelete
  5. adadada..you are the second person to tag me with this meme..bulih sia buat nanti ka? Chegu Carol pu sia masih hutang oh..:P

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha.. sorry for victimizing you.. but I know how much you love chores.. so it's great to see what you don't like!! :P

    But when my kid sister cleans up the kitchen, adeh.. macam sakit jantung bah me.. I feel like I have to do the dishes and wipe the table all over again. Hahaha.. but now better sudah lah abit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. mel...jan ko susah hati...anytime when u are free bah. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tekkaus ~ Well said! :D

    Sounds like an interesting show...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mat Dingo Urmmm... sure, nanti you buy I borrow from you, k! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Umma ~ Oh, you did? OK, then :)

    Yeah, throwing out the garbage is one stinking chore. I always ask my boys to do it instead... the benefits of being a mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carol ~ Itulah pasal. For me, if lazy to wash, bagus jan cuci. Kasi kumpul seja di sana sink. Senang crita :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Emelda ~ Eh, take your time ba, ni teda hal punya :) Hutang meme boleh dibayar ansur-ansur juga...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shemah ~ Well, I was exactly like your kid sister at her age. Everything wanna rush bah :) Bila suda jadi ibu2 ni, semua pun kena buat serba rapi dan kemas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Carol ~ Ya, jan susah hati... be hapi :D *tumpang menyampuk*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha ha ha I oso sometimes have to rewash dishes! I don mind folding but dusting is also another enemy of mine cause it triggers of a sinus attack for me! ;)

    How can u love houusework Nessa, some more wake up pagi-pagi buta lagi...very rajin la you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marzie ~ You have sinus? Poor you :( Wear that thing docs/nurses use to cover their mouth and nose, urmmm... what the heck do you call that thing already ah???

    Well, for one, it's a great way to exercise (cos I can't afford going to the gym!)... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for doing the tag, added you in the masterlist ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Something Purple ~ You're welcome. Thanks for adding me in the masterlist :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv