Monday, October 13, 2008

A Double Celebration!

.
I must say I'm totally relieved the First Holy Communion ceremony has ended. The run up to the event was pretty hectic, which started earlier this year, culminated on Friday (Reconciliation for the First Communicants) and everything finally settled down on Sunday.

Much of the confusion stemmed from lack of communication or improper dissemination of information from the committee to the parents of the children. While the teachers and the committee did a great job, it would have been better if the parents were not given a runaround especially with instructions on the children's attire.

One minute it was supposed to be white pants and then the next they decided on black pants. Luckily I waited till the last minute to buy the pants. Hopefully they have taken these shortcomings into consideration and next year's batch will be run more smoothly.

The kids were really tired at the end of it all. We woke up pretty early, dressed the boys... they both looked so handsome and dashing in white long sleeves shirt and black pants. My youngest definitely had a great time posing in front of the mirror, I could only wonder what he was thinking... :D

Below are some of the photos I managed to capture. I'm still waiting for the proper pictures from the professional photographer the Church hired, hopefully they won't cost a bomb...

My youngest boy loves to pose...

My eldest... deep in thought...

Attention...!!!

The First Communicants waiting patiently outside the Church

My youngest son never liked his picture taken with his friends around... shy la tu!

... Deep in prayer...

Part of the group in a group photo

Both of them mentioned enjoying the experience and want to go for the Holy Communion again on Sunday. I guess I'll have to drag my lazy self and attend mass regularly from now onwards. This only means getting up at 7.00am on a Sunday, attend mass from 8.00am to 9.00am and wait for them to finish their Sunday classes at 11.00am! I wonder if the Church has a computer I can borrow... LOL!

And on a different note, I'm a little late for my weekend cutting; I've been busy running around like a headless chicken the past week :D But here is today's edition for the weekend cuttings which is a theme based on flowers (red). Better late than never or so the saying goes...

Bunga Raya



.

32 comments:

  1. Wui, gaya neyr the fellow :D I'm sure they were pretty excited weren't they? The strange thing is I can't really remember how I felt when I taking my first holy communion ... Besides it was a loooooooonnnnnggggg time ago ... hehehe ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Your boys looked so Dashing in their attire..
    But..but kan...ada kah your son praying for Playstation 3!! hahaha ko nie bah....

    ReplyDelete
  3. wah, your youngest boy, look at him posing...bulih jd model la bila besar nti ...;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally, it's over kan? But, still got time for the cuttings huh? Caya la...

    ReplyDelete
  5. judging from the pix, you look so young and didn't know your boys where that grown up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahahaa...! Funny bah ko buat2 tu scripts... Congrats to both of them! :) Ko bawa la dorang pigi Sunset Mass. Nda juga awal mo bangun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nesa, your youngest boy seemed having fun posing for a shot..

    hehe..

    Lol, on that PS3.

    Btw, thanks for dropping by at restnrileks and for that wish.

    Selamat Hari Isnin. :)

    p/s : I agree with Ken :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I revealed my story behind the Dreams song oredi at Emila's come see cause now I have a request for u there he he!! :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wah sudah besar rupanya ur sons!! How old is the eldest one tu?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your boys look smart and handsome.Hehe will you buy him a playstation mummy?:)Oh I don't think I can wake up at 7am on sunday.LOL!wow your paper cutting is beautiful.You are good in art and craft.

    ReplyDelete
  11. congrats to both of ur kids nessa..finally they received their holy communion...then confirmation....it will be easy for them in future..they will so great full to you that you put the efforts of sending them....coz there r so many cases now that adult are doing it last minute in term to get married in church...heeehe

    Congrats again

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow.. you must be one proud mommy!! Your boys look sooooo grown up and hemsem!! :) And thanks for the snake paper cuts that you did!! I showed it to Buddy and he loves it!! THank you aunty friendddd!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congratulations on this milestone! they look adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mat Dingo ~ Yeah, he alwes gaya lebih when I take pictures esp when he's alone :)

    Doing something new is alwes exciting. I do remember being very hapi to wear the white dress and veil during my time... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kadus Mama ~ Sia tepikir masa orang kawin time tu... sedih juga but dat time will come eventually.

    Ish, dia tu hari2 minta bili Playstataion ba, sia pun bosan suda dingar... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mama Mia ~ Manhunt of the year?!! Buli ka tu? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just ~ Phew, finally suda abis! :) Oh, tu cuttings ada sia suda buat awal2... sediakan payung sebelum ujan urang bilang...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ken ~ Hi Ken! Welcome to Mumblings :)

    Oh, dat pix was taken ages ago... 3-4 years back I think. Kids grow up so fast these days...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Crystal ~ Thank you dear :) Iya kan, sia lupa pula tu Sunset Mass. Tapi susah ba mo balik2 pi sana Church cos I still have to go on Sunday. Oh well, we'll see how things go :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rizal ~ Hallo Rizal! Selamat datang ke Mumblings :D Eh, macam iklan pulak... hehe

    Ya, he loves to pose, macam2 gaya dia nak buat :) Angan2 nak jadi model agaknya...

    Selamat Hari Rabu! Sila la datang lagi ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Marzie ~ That one I did btl2 last minute, flower oso senget2!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sweetiepie ~ They looked smart indeed, my youngest boy pun jadi perasan! Hehe

    Oh no, I don't think I could afford him that Playstation 3 yet...

    Thanks Sweetiepie, it's just something I love to do in my spare time :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Marzie ~ Thanks for sharing your story behind the Dreams song :D I enjoyed reading every bit of it.. macam novel... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  24. Jessica ~ Thank you dear :) Yup, after dis it will be confirmation kan. Sure bz lagi coz both of them going. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Marzie ~ Yalor, besar oredi. The eldest is 13 yrs old... soon he'll have a gf, get married and I'll be a grandma and I'm not ready yet! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Shemah ~ Hi Shem! Hapi to see you here :D

    Yup, it was such a proud moment for me :)

    It was a pleasure making the snake paper cuts for Buddy aka Snake... hehe. Hugs to him from aunty friendddd!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yoon See ~ Awww... thank you :) Do you have kids Yoon See?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gemmerzz ~ Thank you :) They do indeed. Soon, they'll getting ready for confirmation.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats to Darren and Ajel from all of us at home. U r one supermom, with lots of talents, sis. I'm proud of u.

    FYI Adi also had his 1st communion and confirmation in march this year. What a relief.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Rita ~ Thanks sis! :D Adidi, superwoman vagu... hehe. Nasib baik everything settled. Buli benapas nodii boh :)

    Mogot po zi Adi suda confirmation. Zioho ti au po dii, izou nga au koiho songiaan di vagu... balik lagi paning kepala, harap2 not as hectic as their 1st Holy Communion.

    Regards to all at home kio.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv