Monday, November 3, 2008

Baby Talk...

.
I'm so happy for Lewis Hamilton! What a way to clinch the championship, at the very final corner at that! :D

I didn't watch the race cos the live race was shown way too late for me (1.00am). I went to bed wondering if he could pull it off, I may be a Ferrari fan but ever since Lewis came into the picture, I was secretly (well, obviously it's not a secret anymore) rooting for him. But whatever it is, I'll always be a Ferrari fan... unless they sign up Alonso.

I suppose many die hard fans of McLaren would name their newborn sons as Lewis or Hamilton or probably even the whole name. I remember a relative of a colleague of mine naming her daughter Steffi Graf! No prizes for guessing the reason... hehe. But at least that's still a pretty decent name. Imagine if you had a dad like Frank Zappa and named your daughter Moon Unit Zappa! I'm sure he could have used some help during the naming session! LOL!

Sometimes finding the perfect baby names can be daunting especially for new parents. I remember naming my son at the very last minute cos I just didn't know what to name him. I didn't have the aid of websites like Gurgle.com for instance. Imagine how easy that would have made it for me. I could have probably found some cool name with some deep way back history attached to it, maybe something like Sir Galahad or something... urrmmm... then again, maybe not, Nigel sounds so much better :)

But then, if you really want a name with some ancient meaning or maybe just can't decide what to call your newborn, check out their baby namer guide. It helps you by providing meanings and origins to more than 20,000 baby names, from classic to celebrity to quirky! That should help you get a head start in naming your baby or babies... if you're expecting triplets! :)

Gurgle is a great site for every parents, both new and old. Besides just looking for baby names, you'll also find everything you need to know, from pregnancy related queries, feeling your baby kick for the time, pregnancy week by week progress to deciding the on the right childcare. Their tagline says it all, Baby Stuff Made Simple!

And if you seriously still have doubts, then perhaps you could check out the chat and answers section where a panel of experts will get right down to answering all your questions. Pretty neat, huh :)


I'm dedicating this week's paper cutting theme to All Souls' Day (November 2nd). It's a Roman Catholic day of remembrance for friends and loved ones who have passed away. To my beloved mom Anna, grandmas Angelina and Naomi, grandpas S and B, uncle Jim, bro in law Samson... may your souls rest in peace. It's the least I could since I'm unable to visit their graves.
.

8 comments:

  1. You know what nessa...masa my son, sia cari his name when i was only 2 months pregnant...tapi rekod, i find my daughter's name even before i got pregnant!! hahahaha masa tu baru planning and i wanted baby girl so much..terus cari nama girl nie..nasib betul2 dapat girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Naming ur cats also could be hard XD *giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horayyy to Lewis Hamilton! I'm so happy for him :D He deserves the title after everything that was tossed his way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hamilton is the youngest Champion in F1 but I would be happier if Massa is the Champ. It was so exciting 'coz it's merely 1 point of gap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kadus Mama ~ Bestnya ko suda ada one pair. Terrer juga ko awal2 cari name even before pregnant! :) Macam konpiden seja.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mas ~ Oh, dat's true ya :) For cats, I alwes stick to 'Meow' and for dogs, my dad always prefer the name 'Tom' :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nick ~ Yeah, not easy when people off the track are also against him. I think the booing incident shouldn't have happened in the first place. Pity him! Hard to please everyone...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dora ~ The result is the same as last year's winner (Kimi). He won by a single point too. I look forward to 2009 race, should be even more exciting :D

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv