Monday, March 2, 2009

The Little Cottage House

I am gonna talk about another favorite show of mine... ya, I know, I talk about TV programs all the time. You must think I'm a TV junkie... hehehe. But actually, I only spend on average one to two hours in front of the TV daily. It's different on weekends where I get to spend more time with my family and we tend to watch TV more than other days.

This particular show is shown on Astro's channel 707 (Travel & Living). See, I don't watch reality shows all the time :) It's called 'World's Greenest Homes'. This excerpt from HGTV basically sums up what the show is about...

World's Greenest Home is an entertaining, fun, access-all-areas tour of some of the most extraordinary, innovative and beautifully-designed homes on the planet. Forget the granola, sandals, beards and geodesic domes: green is cool, livable and gorgeous. World's Greenest Home a whirlwind global tour of beautiful and sexy homes that also happen to be the most planet-friendly around.

And check out the gorgeous host, Emmanuel Belliveau! Yummy! LOL! Anyway, back to the show. There was this one particular episode that really caught my rapt attention. It was about this house that was built around a huge tree. The owners didn't want to chop the tree off and the only solution was to build the house around the tree incorporating it as part of the interior of the house. Now that was really cool. Imagine your house with all its shelves, cabinets, stainless sinks, dining tables having the tree as the focal point!

Now I would love to have such a house :) But of course my dream house is still that little cottage house built next to a shallow stream, far away from civilization. I'd like to get my hands dirty too... plant my own vegetables and flowers. Maybe have a chicken or two, some ducks will be awesome too. It'll be nice seeing them swimming in the stream cos I don't think I'll ever see a chicken swim in my lifetime!

22 comments:

  1. wow! i love World's Greenest homes too... hehe.. the houses they feature are so berry interesting dun ya think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of my fav shows too :D I just love houses that use all the natural resources available to them. I have this dream of building mhy house surrounding a park with trees and lakes ... now if only I had a few billions dollars ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a good show but sometimes I think you need to be a billionaire to own one of those green homes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mebbe if we have green fingers.. we could build green homes... hmmm... lemme find some green paint ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like cottage house too :) I try to watch that channel but owez x ngam timing nie...

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love ur idea of ur dream house... imagining how peaceful life will be.. woke up in morning, with sound of bird chirping and water flows from the stream...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  8. anyway..u can live without..shopping complexes? hihihi.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I try my best not to watch those shows cause it makes me feel that my LITTLE CUBE ROOM here in KL feel a little inadequate. :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. eh..i thou i already comment here..!! alah..tetinggal..i want to tell you to piara 'oink..oink' juga bah tu..ekekekeee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anny ~ Berry interesting indeed. If only I could afford those kind of houses... especially the one that has a garden on the rooftop! Sweet! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Spiff ~ Eh, you spaceman buat la kat Planet Zork! I thot spaceman are supposed to be rich... :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mat Dingo ~ I have this urge to buy the lottery tickets... but I don't even have the courage to go into those 4D outlets! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anny ~ You very funny one! :D

    And don't forget the green monster aka the incredible hulk, hmmm... or maybe Shrek ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Flodawn ~ Cottage houses are homely and cozy ba kan. I think it's shown every Tuesday... nah, sia pun lupa suda ni... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hapi ~ Thanks for visiting Hapi, happy to see you here :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aziha ~ Hi Aziha! Welcome to Mumblings :) Sila la datang lagi ya.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haizum ~ Hey Haizum! Long time no see you :D Busy eh?

    Oh yeah, those houses (urmm... some even look like mansions to me) are not your typical houses. I can only dream... sighhh...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aziha ~ I would love to live in the countryside la Aziha. I came from a kampung, I miss kampung life. Living in the city sure is busy, busy, busy all the time :(

    I love the sound of flowing water... very calming :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kadus Mama ~ Hehe.. it happens :)

    Mo piara tu baby Oink Oink buli la sbb kiutt tapi poo dia tu, aduh, mana mo taruh. Nanti dia pi raduh sia punya vegetables and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aziha ~ Oh, I love shopping but I think I can survive without shopping complexes :D Can save money oso ya... hehe

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv