Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Care For Some MINTS?

My first credit card was a MasterCard from one of the local banks here. That was the happiest day of my life... I could shop with abandon. I thought of all the things I could buy. I applied for another 3 credit cards, yes, 3 more cards and spent like there was no tomorrow. That was until I received my first month's statement. My eyeballs nearly popped out of their sockets! I was definitely going to have some major problems paying them back. So, with an extremely heavy heart, I cancelled all but 1. It took me years to pay back all my debts, gradually I did settle them... the day I made the final payment, I felt as if I just got out of prison!

Now, I spend within my means because I really don't want to be trapped in debts again. Credit cards are good, provided you know how to control yourself. But the temptation of owning a credit card is just too strong at times. These days there are so many banks offering credit cards. As someone without financial background, one tends to get confused with all the banking jargons, and end up getting a card that wasn't up to the mark!

I know mint sounds like some candy. But have you heard of the MINT credit card? It is a card offered by The Royal Bank of Scotland. The card comes with a host of benefits and features, among them no annual fee whatsoever, free online account management; just to name a few. One of the really fun features of this card is that you can create your own custom design, making it unique to your own personality. How cool is that?:)

This is currently available for UK residents only. If you're eligible, then go ahead and take advantage of the excellent benefits and impress your friends with your own uniquely designed MINT credit card.

4 comments:

  1. Oh... credit cards just plain scare me. I have never had one, and I never want one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meleah Rebeccah - Good on you girl!:) I only have one, for emergencies but I never bring it with me for shopping. Once bitten, twice shy:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Credit cards, the root of all evil! The bringer of doom! The source of all depression! LOL!

    Yeah, one should just stay away from them entirely!

    But it does have its uses for online purchasing, but then a debit card works just as well ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. im in the middle of clearing some of cards :(

    im tired of having pile up debts. Apa mcm mau kaya begini...

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv