Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Cave

I need a new table. Why? Well, why not! Hahaha... What's got into me??! It has been a lazy day for me, but I love holidays :) It's just too hot... sun, sun go away (as oppose to rain, rain go away). My clothes are dry so please, I want the rain so badly. I don't care if the neighbors' clothes are still hanging out there and no one seems to be home (evil smirk on face).

The kids had their haircut this morning, I think the stylist cut my son's hair a tad too short. Now he looks as if he's going to enroll himself for national service! He's been complaining to me but what can I do, can't do magic! I guess it'll get better in a week or two, coz he's so active his hair grows really fast!

Now, back to desks, office desks actually. Talking about office tables and all, this reminds me of my days in my previous office. There was a time it was undergoing renovation and we had to stack up our tables. The thing is eventhough the place was a mess with renovations going on (imaging the sounds and smells we had to put up with), we still had to do our daily work.

My table had 2 other tables stacked on it, looking like a mini apartment with me having to work on the bottom table, as if I was working in a cave. It was scary at first, not knowing if the upper tables would fall on me. I guess I wouldn't have been so freaked out of being buried alive under an avalanche of tables if the tables were the price point grey office tables types that have much thicker and studier desk tops than the old junks in my office. Besides they've got double upstand legs which are actually 2 supports instead of one that practically reduces bowing! And with the 8 year guarantee that it comes with you know you're getting a great deal.

Gee, that sounded some TV commercial... hehehe. But I was kinda sad though when the renovations were completed and all the new office furniture came coz I got used to working in the 'cave' as it was kinda cozy and private.

32 comments:

  1. Hahaha ... I can imagine you sitting under that load of office desks. They should have given you guys the week off or something and besides wasn't it dark under there? I'm trying to sit under my desk now and boy it's damn dark la under here ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh, sounds dangerous la working in the "cave", thank goodness nothing happened! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nessa! I waited for a while, before refreshing ur page. My number of comments went up from 25 to 27, so it looks like ur widget is a-okay... and I'm getting closer to that number 1 spot yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo, that skunk got voted out! I am so HAPPY! how come my ranking hasn't gone up, huh? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ya and here's also wishing you a blessed Good Friday and a Happy Easter! No Easter eggs for me ah? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! They're so mean to make you work like that! I'd be freaked. :S

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi, some awards for you. hope u like it..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nessa- Hey friend! Thanks for stopping by the other day! I know I have been kinda out of commission! I had gotten mono at the beginning of January and it kicked my bum! Lol! I did lose a bunch of weight though, so that was an added bonus! I loved you talking about cutting your son's hair to short! Reminded me of once when my little sister (8 year age difference) was taken by yours truly to get her hair cut. Poor sis. I thought it would be easier to lug her around Disney world that summer if we didn't have to mess with a ponytail or ribbons! Ugh! So I had them give her a bowl cut! Lol! She looked like a he! Ha ha! She was and to this very day still is VERY bitter about that hair cut! I try and remind her that we enjoyed a wonderful ribbon and ponytail free two weeks at Disney that blazing hot August 1995! Thanks for the trip down memory lane! Great post! Glad to hear you got out of that cave! Take care of yourself friend! I hope this finds you and your well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg! That sounds so dangerous. I would have called me lawyers! Hehehe

    Oh ya btw, you've been tagged!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Easter, Nessa! Hope you get a new desk for Easter. Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now don't rain on me, my clothes aren't dry yet!!

    Bestkan working in a 'cave'! I remember sleeping under the table during working hours! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  12. tables stacking on top of each other? sounds pretty dangerous to me.
    anyway Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Easter sis! sorry I didn't come here as often as I should but I've been thinking of you and your blog. Will call you soon.

    P.S Can't imagine working under the cave! but seems like fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Nessa,

    Happy Easter, what did the bunny bring to your boys? LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nick - Surprisingly, it wasn't that dark. I wasn't really 'under' the table. My things were but I sat in the 'safe' area :) Didn't dare to put my head in there for too long!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Marzie - Nah, it wasn't dangerous. They 'fixed' the tables so that they won't fall. But it looked scary anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nick - Skunk??? Oh, you mean Amanda!! Yeah, so glad she's out. Now, I'm waiting for Kristy's turn :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Marzie - Congrats girl! You're my #1 commenter :D Ya, it works. I'm still puzzled why some of the figures fluctuates though.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Nick! A blessed Good Friday and a Happy Easter to you too. Sorry this came late though. I've never made Easter eggs before so no eggs for you :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haizum - It lasted for several months.. 4 maybe 5, I forgot already! We really didn't have anywhere else to go so 'terpaksa' la. Teringat pula that song 'Kerna Terpaksa' by Francesca Peter...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Hazel! Will drop by to 'collect' them ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, hello Barrett!! What a lovely surprise :D

    Wow! That's great. I need to lose some excess weight too. I'm sure your sis will always remember that 'bowl' cut! I know I would. LOL

    Glad to hear from you again. Have a blessed Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rozella - I don't think I could afford hiring a lawyer back then. I'd probably lose my job too! It wasn't that bad... except for the stacked tables, things were decent. Well, except for the noise la. But it was all worth it after the renovations, I got a spanking new table :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hazel - Whoa, another tag! Okie dokie :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Easter Cindy! Mau tunggu pakcik PayPal bayar for my desk... hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  26. Emila - It has been raining (heavily) these past few days kan. But that's not my doing... hehe.

    Oh, I've slept under the table too (in the conference room)... esp. after lunch time. Best, no one even knew I was there! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Lxndreasb! Welcome to Mumblings :)

    Yeah but they 'fixed' the tables so they won't topple. I would have preferred to sit away from the tables but everyone had to endure that situation. Luckily, no one was harmed! Thank goodness :D

    Thanks for dropping by. Happy Easter to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi sis! I've been thinking of you guys too. It's OK, no pressure to visit ya. I hope things are going well :)

    Kinda cozy but ogumu togonok!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy Easter, Luthie!

    Alala, tiada bunny gia di sini :( I mean, we did celebrate but no Easter bunny, no coklat, no eggs... kesian kan :*(

    ReplyDelete
  30. I had great Easter and i hope you had a wonderful Easter too! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Barrett - Glad to know :) We didn't really celebrate, unlike Christmas. Just attended Mass, that's about it. You take care too :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv