Monday, March 3, 2008

Home Sweet Home

There's really no place like home. Before I moved to KL, I was so eager to live life in the big city. Coming from a small town, the lure of the city's excitement (think shopping malls and places of great interests and not forgetting all those glorious eating places... hehehe) helped me in my decision to move.

Having lived here for quite a while now, I realized all is not as rosy as I thought it would be. I feel homesick every now and then, I missed seeing the rolling mountains and hills and breathing in the fresh, clean air. I really feel sick to my bones when I get up in the morning, draw the curtains and instead of hearing birds chirping, mist covering the land I instead see haze enveloping the place, the sounds of endless vehicles and terrible jams greeting my ears! That is not something I would really like to see and hear the first thing in the mornings every day. I have no regrets moving though, the job opportunities here are a whole lot greater. I only feel like this when I'm homesick.

That being said, it has always been my dream to own a home for myself and my family back home. After all, they say home is where the heart is, right? :) I know it is not easy having to deal with all the Loans and and Mortgages that come with buying a house but they are a necessity. Well, unless I'm filthy rich to buy my own house then I wouldn't need any financial assistance from banks and financial companies. Did you know that the word 'mortgage' is a French word? Besides working hard, anyone has any great tips to becoming filthy rich? Don't be stingy and share some of your secrets to being filthy rich now, you hear? :D

10 comments:

  1. Wow, your home town sounds like a nice scenic and cool place to be living in :)

    Imagine getting up to the sounds of chirping birds and the view of a scenic rolling hills. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unless sia kena kasih high flyer job di sana, i dont think i will go there and stay for long. Untuk jalan2 mau lah.

    The traffic jam here in KK pun bikin pening, apa lagi pigi KL kan...

    Balik lah for the election. Kasi hilang home sick ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every morning when I open the curtain on my balcony door, I see an topless old uncle. *sigh* That neighbor of mine, he's topless everywhere. Even at the pasar malam!

    Marilah kita balik Sabah.. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home is the best place to be! Happy Tuesday Nessa and I have some awards for u! :)

    http://mariucasperfume.blogspot.com/2008/03/awards-fiesta.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. MD - Oh it is :) Mountains, hills, some padi fields and mist in the mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol - I used to complain about the traffic jams esp. the roads leading to Donggongon every morning on my way to work... compared to the conditions here, that was a breeze la.

    Mau balik la ni but timing inda ngam and I was also unable to get the AirAsia offers :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cindy - Topless old uncle?? Wah, buli cuci mata la... hehe. Must be a former bodybuilder!

    Bah mari la, tapi sia mau tunggu cuti skolah 2 minggu dulu. Inda enjoy bah kalu skejap ja kan.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marzie - Awards for me? Oh, thanks :D I'll head right over!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have trouble leaving KK too. My husband prefers to be in KK rather than KL too. Too bad he got promoted recently and can't transfer to KK anytime soon.

    Eh.. that sounded ungrateful. I didn't mean too bad on his promotion! Just too bad that we can't just live here in KK together.

    In the morning, you can even see Mount Kinabalu from my mom's bedroom window! How nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shemah - You both having a long distance relationship la ni :) Tia apa, they say 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' kan, kan?

    Untungnya your mom, good Feng Shui tu... having a nice view :) I have to drive out to Donggongon baru can see Mount Kinabalu, but very far la. Best kan kalau tinggal di Kundasang... hari2 sejuk, ada kabus... macam Salem High Country!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv