Monday, March 3, 2008

What I'm Reading ~ The Kept Woman


This is the first by book I've read written by Susan Donovan. It's a wonderful love story with huge doses of humor. I found myself grinning from ear to ear while reading this... Brilliant writing by Susan Donovan. Now, to get her other books :)

Synopsis

WHEN A GOOD-GIRL DIVORCÉE
Playing by the rules has left Samantha Monroe with an AWOL ex-husband, maxed out credit cards, and the task of raising three children on a hairstylist’s salary. It’s time for a new game plan. When Sam learns that politician Jack Tolliver needs someone to play the part of his fiancÉe for six months in return for a generous paycheck, she’s ready to sign up on the spot.

MEETS A BAD-BOY POLITICIAN

Jack needs Sam and her kids to help tone down his image from womanizing cad to dependable dad. But he was expecting Sam to be a frumpy single mom, not a wickedly smart, sexy redhead. Keeping nosey newshounds from discovering that his engagement is a charade is going to be a tough job, but one mind-blowing kiss from Sam and suddenly Jack is ready to put in all the overtime necessary…


LOVE WINS IN A LANDSLIDE…

Now, with scheming opponents itching to bring Jack down, Sam’s ex returning to stir up trouble, one stubborn pre-schooler, two squabbling teenagers, a crazy dog, and some out-of-this-world sex, Jack and Sam are discovering that playing make-believe can be complicated—but not nearly as much as falling in love…


Other reads
The Forever Summer
Frenemies
Can You Keep A Secret?
Mayday!
Murder In The House
The Patient

14 comments:

  1. Haven't read any good books for a while. I'm sure going to head for the bookstore in these few days he he he...

    Okay, here's a tag for you (ada selingan hi hi...):-

    Message in a Bottle

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'and some out-of-this-world sex'

    Whoa, sounds like a good book. Maybe I should read this book....... hehehehe.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never really been into chicklits.. I've always been the Sidney Sheldon, James Patterson kinda girl.. Maybe I should start reading these type of books.. Hmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  4. That book sounds like fun! BTW, I love your new avatar! (the girl on the motorcyle) It is very chic!

    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wah, that's quite a lot of reading.

    Im now hook with my Kinsella's Remember Me? My other read, John Grisham's novel (lupa sdh title dia) since October till now belum habis2. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy reading Nessa, can't find much time for reading nowadays. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crystal - I'm lucky to have workmates who are such voracious readers! Most of the books I read I borrow, a few bought from PayLess. Mahal bah those sold at mega bookstores :(

    Thanks for the 'selingan', memang berbaloi. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andy J - You didn't miss that one, huh? LOL I know guys are not into these kinds of books, but you should give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Syura - Chicklits are my fav! I've tried reading Tom Clancy's books... after reading several pages, I'd have to reread the previous pages. Some writers are just too intelligent for me... (maybe I'm just too dumb??) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. La Delirante - It's a wonderful book, not the world's greatest but I had fun reading it :) Now that I've done reading it, I need some more books... anyone, care to donate your books?

    I was bored with the old header. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carol - I have yet to read another Kinsella book. Mahal bah :( PayLess didn't have any recent ones, I prefer renting books than buying.

    If I reali ran out of books and no one to pinjam from, I just re-read my books. Itu pun kalau ada masa mau baca la, coz now it has to fight with my blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marzie - I normally read on weekends. At most, I only read one book per month. Baca newspaper also can la.. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've read this one too! But the other book by Susan Donovan, was it "He loves Lucy" or something like that, wasn't as good as this one.

    I asked Syura to read this one before (and it seems she didn't even recall it when she read this post), and she fell asleep on this. LOL!

    As she always says, One man's meat is another man's poison. Hehehe.

    As for me, I love most books. Love Sidney Sheldon and James Patterson, Paulo Coelho, and also all these chicklit LBD books too! :) Buku self help pun jadilah! hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shemah - I have yet to read her other books. I love those chicklit LBD books, esp. the covers. Sometimes I feel like buying all of them! LOL

    Adui, must be a torture for her sampai dia tertidur kan :) Yup, everyone has their own preferences. The only type of books that I don't really fancy are sci-fi's and autobiographies.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv