Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Champ!

I was greeted with a lovely surprise when I came home this evening...

There on my table was a lovely paper bag filled with goodies and a trophy! At first, I thought I won something but then I realized I didn't even enter any competition let alone win any prizes. Then my eldest son came over and proudly announced that he got 1st placing in a Bowling competition held earlier today :D

I'm proud of his achievements. This year alone he has done a lot of things where he didn't even have the chance to do for the last 12 years. If anyone of you has a special child, send him to a school with a special class. Believe me, it did wonders for my son. He was such a loner before this and I was worried sick if he could ever socialize, have friends and be able to do things without supervision.

I must give credits to the school teachers especially to Mrs Tan for her genuine concern and dedication to these children. I've seen these kids, a few of them really have to be supervised, some still behave like preschoolers but they're a bunch of happy go lucky students. They have even given me a nickname whenever I go to the school; I'm Mrs. Nigel's Mummy!! LOL!

They will be having a study trip to Beryl's Chocolate Factory tomorrow (would be even awesome if it's Charlie's Chocolate factory!). Even my youngest son who attends the normal class gets pretty jealous of his brother and he had on one occasion asked me if by any chance he could go to a special class!

It seemed that being in a special class is more fun, and I agree as not much emphasis is stressed on exams and tests coz it's more about the student's ability to function on his own. He may never get a string of A's and get a degree but deep in my heart, I know he is doing the best of his abilities and that alone is enough for me.

Now, excuse me as I need to indulge myself in chocolates :D
.

10 comments:

  1. Way to go Nigel!!! proud of him too sis and give him a great big hug from me!! oopss.. nolah... big huggy bears to both of them.

    Wah! I see Toblerone too, great goodie bag in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congrats to him :D That is quite an achievement.

    It's good to know that there are teachers who do take the interest of the students personally.

    Kudos to the special school and its teachers as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann ~ Will do :D I love Toblerone too (besides Toffiffee), but apagon boh doiti... The other day I bought Milka strawberry flavor, the price was RM7!! Sakit jantung trus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MD ~ Thanks! :D Yup, teachers with such qualities are hard to find these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Which school ur son go to Nessa? I've a special cousin too who's 17 this year. He's such an innocent sweet boy and makes you laugh more than the 'normal'ones haha! Like your son, he may not get strings of As, but he's really outstanding in his own special way. He has a unique ability with the computer, and he has acquired a sweet British accent from watching Sesame Street :D I believe, these special souls have more to give us if only we know where to look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Watery mata sya baca your post ni, Nessa. Betul2 proud mummy kan. Well done to Nigel. :)

    Oya, dari tadi sya mo mention bah pasal your blog new look ni. Niceee... especially tu header. Jeles I! He he he... :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flodawn ~ He goes SMK USJ4. One thing with special kids, most of them are reali friendly, and willing to talk to you. Most teens I meet don't even want to make small talk, they'll be listening to their iPods and don't even acknowledge our existence! Tapi bukan semua la, of course :)

    A British accent? Wah, that I'd love to hear :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Crystal ~ Yeah, I'm proud of him :D He's slowly progressing... slow and steady they say ya.

    Thanks! Hehe... tia payah jeles bah. Ko gi cari image cute2 sana istockphoto. Melambak tu di sana :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doi emo zou vagu nakabasa. Keep it up Ajel. We luv u olwes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rita ~ Buli tahan nogi kon pandai main boling. Kaa po dogo, au insan pamain... tatap kosuang lungkang nopo! Hehe

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv