Wednesday, February 18, 2009

American Idol 8 ~ First 12 Of Top 36

Let me 'borrow' Amir's tagline 'I'm sorieee' coz for the coming weeks, I will be blogging about reality shows. In case you're wondering who Amir is, well, he's a contestant in another of Astro's reality show called 'Raja Lawak', a 'Last Comic Standing' rip-off as far as I'm concerned. It's an awfully painful show to watch cos the contestants are totally not funny at all! I gave up watching after 2 episodes!

Phew... finally, the auditions are over for AI8 and we could see for ourselves the contestants singing, without the editing. Please do not read any further if you wish to watch the show for yourself. (6pm ~ Malaysian Time)

I won't comment on their performances, just the title of their songs. The theme for tonight is 'Songs from the Billboard Hot 100'. And only 3 will automatically advance into the Top 12! The results will be shown on tomorrow night's Result Show. The first group of 12 performing are as follows :~
  1. Jackie Tohn ~ 'A Little Less Conversation' by Elvis Presley
  2. Ricky Braddy ~ 'A Song for You' by Leon Russell
  3. Alexis Grace ~ 'Never Loved a Man' by Aretha Franklin IN Top 12
  4. Brent Keith ~ 'Hicktown' by Jason Aldean
  5. Stevie Wright ~ 'You Belong to Me' by Taylor Swift
  6. Anoop Desai ~ 'Angel of Mine' by Monica
  7. Casey Carlson ~ 'Every Little Thing She Does is Magic' by The Police
  8. Michael Sarver aka Oil Rig Man ~ 'I Don't Wanna Be' by Gavin DeGraw IN Top 12
  9. Anne Marie Boskovich ~ 'Natural Woman' by Aretha Franklin
  10. Stephen Fowler ~ 'Rock With You' by Michael Jackson
  11. Tatiana Del Toro ~ 'Saving All My Love For You' by Whitney Houston
  12. Danny Gokey ~ 'Hero' by Mariah Carey IN Top 12
Since I can't vote, America please vote for Danny and Anoop! :D And since we're on the subject of American Idol and all that, I'd like to tell you a little about the New Ford, since Ford was founded by Henry Ford who happens to be an American... hehehe. I know that has no relevance to the show but seriously though, of all the Ford's I've seen, I like the Ford Focus the most, since it has been Rally-proven :D

I think I had better get out of here now before you all think I've gone nuts... LOL!

12 comments:

  1. Spoiler or no spoiler, I'm a sucker for AI news ... hehehe ... I can't wait for the show tomorrow though. I wonder how my favorites will fare.

    Oh and Raja Lawak, let me tell you a thing or two about that show .. urmmm, well maybe not. You're right when you say it's a rip off from Last Comic Standing. Painful is too mild a word to use for it! LOL!

    But seriously, I can't wait for tomorrows show. AI I mean and not Raja Lawak ... hahaha ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spiff ~ It's later this evening at 6pm la Spiff, not tomorrow. Tomorrow is the results show... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahaaa!!! Sempat lagi ko kasi masuk cerita Ford ah!!
    I missed tingu AI oh!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kadus Mama ~ Pasal duit ba, walopun 50sen, hantam seja la! LOL!

    Eh, blum missed ba... sampat lagi tu. Tingu channel 711 StarWorld @6pm and repeat is @8pm dis evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nessa: I frigging annoyed with tatiana..bidak oh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maslight ~ Nasib baik she didn't make it to Top 12 kan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sia selalu tlambat o tingu AI, misti half way suda baru sia tetingu. Niway, glad Danny Gokey got thru to Top12.

    Haha..babai Tatiana! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mama Mia ~ Ko tingu yang pukul brapa? Ada 2 kali tu kana show, one at 6pm and another one at 8pm. Sia slalu tingu yang 8pm punya.

    Ya, sia pun hapi Danny made it into Top 12 tapi kesian si Anoop. Harap2 the judges pick him masuk Wild Card.

    Adios Tatiana... muahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sia tingu 8pm pny show. Tp slalu lmbt stangah jam bah. Hehe...`Kalu sia termiss, I can always cpunt on u for the updates.

    Good luck to Anoop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mama Mia ~ Hehe... tapi sia punya update not very detail ba. 1/2 jam termiss still OK, sbb dia punya show sampai 2 jam :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alamak Nessa you know sia betul2 geram this time watching. I felt like it was a waste of space nie...bagus2 si Jamar bulih masuk they get these people who were really really teruk. Haiyoh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rozella ~ Nasib baik both Tatiana and Nick Mitchell didn't make it to Top 12. Harap2 the judges don't pick them for the wild card slot la.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Mumblers! Feel free to comment away... don't be shy. I don't bite! ^-^

Take a peek at my other blogs @ So Pweety! and Recipes I Luv